My sister was detected a tumour in her left breast size 1 cm x 3/4 cm - which was removed. Reports informed Invasive duct carcinoma
After that we had PET scan which gave the remark - NO EVIDENCE OF FDG AVID LESIONS TO SUGGEST METASTIC DISEASE.
One more test was done -
Estrogen Receptor - strongly positive in 80% of the tumour cells
Progesterone Receptor - strongly positive in 80% of the tumour cells
HER 2 - Score 1+ Result negative
Also undergone gland biopsy(lymph nodes) near the brest /underarms
Under severe tension what will be the further treatment - advising chemo and radiation - also one expert is informing only hormone therapy will be needed. Pl guide what will be suitable to avoid the recurrence & precaution. Can only hormone therapy be sufficient if lymph nodes biopsy comes negative
I have a few questions:
1. Was the whole breast removed, or only the tumour (lumpectomy)?
2. Was an axillary clearance done?
3. I would suggest a test called Ki67. Has this test been done?
Your oncologist is the best person to advise, as he/she would know the complete details. We can guide you, though, if you could let us know the histopathology report in detail. If you wish, you can scan and send us the histopathology report on the emails proivded here:
Just one more thing, your sisters cancer is definitely in the first stage, this is very good. She can definitely expect to fall in the 'excellent survival' category. So I suggest to you, not to take tension at all. It's just that, plan the treatment properly. In cancer, the first hit is the best hit, and we cannot compromise there.
Dr Thanks. Only tumour was removed. Yes as per discussions with the Doctor what I collect the axillary clearance was done. Again yesterday one more report has come of the glands. Out of 3 - 2 shown positive. Dr is that the cancer has started spreading fast in the lymph nodes also. Which report I should send - PET scan or the initial - again yesterday one report has come of the glands tested.
Sister had undergone one more surgery when the 2/3 lymph nodes were taken for biopsy last 3 days back only. Still the drain is continuing. A small jar under the arm is placed. The report which I have informed is positive for 2 glands out of 3. Is the treatement reqd very urgently or we should wait till the wound is healed. Our doctor is not available for 3 days more hence under tension