Anxiety Support
33,408 members37,720 posts


my partner has gone and i have no contact with her or children 16 and 18 her mother has taken control of their thoughts ,i have no contact and am suffering depretion and suicidal thoughts how can i geet contact with them using third party or is their a legal way of getting contact we were together twenty years now i cant work due to missing contact with them

2 Replies

I feel for you richard, please don't do anything drastic.

I don't have any personal experience of this.

try the cab or maybe relate.

I have called the samaritans before now and they do listen.

talk to your gp about anti-depressants and counselling.

don't give up hope.



Hi Richard, I have been there and it's a lonely frustrating place, don't try and do it alone approach a solicitor that deals with family law they may be able to mediate for you. Second to that go and see your GP if you haven't already. As well as those services mentioned above you may want to try CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) aimed at men Call 0800 58 58 58 this is from their website

Our lines are open 4 days a week, Saturday to Tuesday, 5pm to midnight. Calls are free from landlines, confidential, anonymous and they won’t show up on your phone bill. Trained paid staff will be available to talk through problems, listen, and offer information. Calls are free from payphones and from mobiles on 3, Virgin, Orange and Vodafone networks.


You may also like...