cigarettes : You guys think smoking is... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

47,876 members47,490 posts

cigarettes

Nicole8631 profile image
Nicole8631

You guys think smoking is worsening anxiety or it's just a habit to think it's not good and when i light it up instantly get an attack but if i quit i will worry that i will be more anxious if i don't smoke and quitting is hard so maybe i will be more stressed? Idk anxiety is tricking our mind of course cigarettes r not healthy.. just worried about everything.

7 Replies

Try exercising often. Make it a habit or hobby. I've never smoked, but hopefully exercising is something you could do to distract yourself from smoking.

Nicole8631 profile image
Nicole8631 in reply to Pinky0

Hey Pinky23 ! Yes i'm trying i only smoked 2 times today i just blame it on anxiety that i would get an attack if i light it up so i wont smoke like that lol no cigarettes no attack :)

I 2 smoke as well but to scared to stop I case it makes me worse as quitting is hard for the 1st month xx

Nicole8631 profile image
Nicole8631 in reply to Shelley24

Sure it's hard honey but not harder than overcoming anxiety xx

Shelley24 profile image
Shelley24 in reply to Nicole8631

That's very true xx

Hidden profile image
Hidden

Nicotine is part of the deadly nightshade family of plants, it is a poison. It stimulates you, you will feel more anxious but less depressed each time you smoke a cigarette, it is also a cardiac constrictor which means every time you smoke a cigarette you vains constrict and your heart has to work harder to pump blood around your body. Everytime you smoke a cigarette you use up 25mg of vitamin C.

I learnt all this because I stopped smoking after 27 years of doing it, been quit 7.

Nicole8631 profile image
Nicole8631 in reply to Hidden

Make sense ;) thanks for the advice

You may also like...