Anxiety Support
35,799 members39,288 posts

Fear of going crazy

Hi I'm need here. I have suffered from anxiety and depression on and off for the last seven years. It has come back with a vengeance. Before it was health anxiety (heart attack, stroke, blood clots...) now it's I feel like I'm going crazy and I'm going to hurt someone or myself. Just constant thoughts. I can't be alone or alone with someone I feel is weaker then me ( my kids, elderly) I haven't been able to work or drive very far either. I fear that it's never going to get better and I'm going to end up in jail or mental ward. I am seeing a tharipst, but I have only seen her once so far and not going to see her again for 2 weeks. She said I have extreme anxiety and depression and ptsd. Has anyone else had this problem before? Any suggestions on how to help....

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Ajkjtj, Anxiety is one thing but when there is any danger of thoughts of harm to yourself or others, it is necessary to be seen by a therapist or a psychiatrist. Having only seen her once and not again for 2 weeks is unacceptable in your frame of mind. I sense your fear and it needs to be addressed even if it means going to the ER for evaluation. Stay Safe and let us know how you are doing. x

3 likes

I must agree. While, in all likelihood, you will never actually act out your obsessions..it's always better to be safe, rather than sorry.

1 like

I've felt this way too but I know that I won't hurt any one, I know my self and I'm to much of a nice person to act on my thoughts. Stay strong.

2 likes

You may also like...