Work related stress/anxiety

Hi everyone

I've never done anything like this before so not really sure where to begin. I'm finding it extremely difficult to cope at work, we are constantly short staffed and expected to do the same amount of work with less people and still to a high standard. With added pressures and tasks from our manager who is very unprofessional and unapprocable. Because I work with vulnerable people I feel no option but to make sure these demands are met even thought it's 1.30pm and I'm only just getting something to eat myself. I run around all day helping people to the best of my ability and it's still never enough. I phoned in sick today, well my partner did for me. The thought of phoning and explaining why I'm not coming in makes me feel sick. Which caused another argument between us because I got in such a state at the thought of going in today for a 12 hour shift I started stomping about crying, getting angry then panicking because that's another day off marked off against me which will make going in tomorrow to face my manager even worse. I've had quite alot of time off recently. Which she's noticing. Phoning back later will take me half an hour to prepare what I'm going to say.. and that's only to one possible person who could answer. During that time ive smoked more, my hearts racing, i feel sick and i start sweating. I will try and time it for when I think I know the receptionist will answer and not my manager. If it's anyone else that answers that conversation in my head goes and I start mumbling and mixing up my words and end up thanking them for me phoning in. Makes sense huh! After the call im still shaking anything up to 30minutes. Its horrible. I'm scared to go my G.P because I feel on the rare occasions I go they don't take me seriously. I'm the type of person who just puts up with it and carrys on suffering, i don't know if I feel stupid and that nothings actually wrong so don't want to bother anyone about it because everyone gets stressed right? Leaving my job doesn't seem to be an option at the minute.. I'm not sure what to do?

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...