Never heard this one

Over the past few months I have been experiencing pain in my right armpit, I no I shouldn't but I've been googling, I'm thinking the worst as usual.

I have read that anxiety can cause armpit pain which I've never read before? I do have a few skin tags on one but the pain seems to be on the inside, I've been tensing it a lot to see if it's uncomfortable which it is. I have been sweating abit more sometimes. I can't help but prod and poke it, does anyone get this? I'm quite worried about it and it's playing on my mind

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I get chest pain due to anxiety idk about armpit pain but if you are sweating you should get it looked at

• I get a very similar thing, but it's only pins & needles, not pain (yet!)

You're the only other person I've heard of to get this.

Of course, you need to go to your doctor, & ask (insist on) being referred to a neurologist.

As far as I know (but not 100% sure), for myself anyway, I think it's malfunction of the sensory nervous system.

I get many strange pains & sensations like this in many places.

I find they come for a while, then quietly fade away again after a while. :-)

For nerve pain, a low dose of old tri-cyclic antidepressants are often effective; you could ask to try these too, maybe?

They're prescribed at a very tiny dose, ineffective for depression, as they've been found to act as pain modifiers, specifically in nerve pain.

Sending you all good wishes. <3

• I'd get it checked at the doctors but it's most likely just a blocked sweat gland due to sweating more. I used to get them lots until I found out I was allergic to the aluminium in deodorants (mostly used in dry deodorants)

• I get armpit pain which comes and goes mostly on my left side . Also sweating is a common symptom of anxiety . Feel better

You may also like...