sensation of dying while asleep

This morning about 230 am I woke up to a heavy chest, shortness of breath, weakness in my body. In addition, I had a horrible feeling of emptiness, blackness, a void, nothingness, a feeling as if I just died, there was nothing there and I'm back. I started crying, I had an overwhelming feeling of emptiness inside me, a feeling of extreme sadness that I wouldn't be here with my kids, my spouse, that I was gone. It's now 130 pm and I have yet to go back to sleep, im afrail to close my eyes, I have a feeling of maybe sadness/terror, idk, that is just overwhelming me and I can't. shake it and I am continuing to cry constantly. I am on some heavy meds, but have been on them for 20 years now. I am 46 and my birthday was 6 days ago, but never in my life have I felt the way I do now. I'm just not sure what is happening. Has this happened to anyone else before?

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • IT'S horrible absolutely terrifying!!!!

I've had it before it feels like you have died and your lost, confused blank scared terrified it's such a weird feeling it's hard to explain and when u come back to reality it's so daunting still! It's all part of the anxiety panic attack night terrors!!! I don't know why it happens I don't know why we even have damn anxiety but all I know is we won't die from it and that in all is reassuring although the reassurance does not hang around for long the anxiety always overides it!

Sorry your going through this but know you are not alone !

Lilix

You may also like...