Just an idea to get better

When we are ill we live in our own head.

To get well we have to get out off our own thoughts, when I was in this position i firstly volunteered to pick up older people and take them to a volunteer centre for lunch..

The wisdom I gained and the gratitude listening to there stories when life was really hard was invaluable, and the love in there eyes when helping them, I also made good friends...

Later I was able to get a job with autistic young adults, going home every evening feeling humbled...

I do not tell you this for attention (after all we are anon....lol)

But my mental health is fine now ..I got well ten minutes a day, it was a hard journey......One Day at a time...

I don,t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I,m happy...

You may feel you are not ready, even one night at a soup kitchen.....or one day in a Marie Curie shop is a start....

If you don,t push to start, the option is to stand still..although time is a great healer...

Helping others less fortunate makes us grateful for what little we have....to quote an old eastern proverb.....I sat in the street and cried because I had no shoes, then looked around and saw a man with no legs....

Be well..X

Last edited by

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Love this!I know this would help me with my attacks.My only problem I have a 3 year old son and right now cannot afford daycare because of one income.Hopefully this will be changing very soon.I already picked out a good learning school for him ,just waiting on my money from lawsuit.Wrongful termination while pregnant with him.Returning back to school to get associates in Health Information Technology /medical coding.Anyways What u did can be very healing for anyone that's able to do.Thanks for sharing.

• Problems dissolve when you find calm...x

You may also like...