Attention Deficit Disorder & Adrenal Hormones - Article

Stress is not just mental, it quickly jumps to a physiologic effect. When the brain perceives stress, it sends both chemical and nerve signals to the adrenal glands ordering them to make two short-term stress hormones [epinephrine and norepinephrine] and the long-term stress master hormone cortisol. Not eating regularly enough and getting low blood sugar also spike cortisol levels. Cortisol is now known for promoting the dreaded stress-gut that gives chronically stressed people that apple shape....

Cont on:

8 Replies

• Can u translate this please

• Hi es27, did you read the full article?

• i surely did i am willing to read or listen to anything that helps this one was a bit over my head in places

But i guess i get the basic points of sleep nutrition exercise and relaxation.

Perhaps simplify was more what i meant than translate any how i must have got the point of the article even if i have no idea how i got there

Take care

• For me what is interesting is that some people develop thyroid problems, ADD, etc after adrenal exhaustion. Never read that ADD in particular could be caused by adrenal exhaustion. I suppose there are better sources on the internet though.

• For me i am still trying to figure out what caused my anxiety in the first place so i find articles that link anxiety to anything an interest i have heard of thyriod issues causing anxiety . Tbh i have not heard of add though i have heard of adhd are they similar or am i missing the whole point of what add is ?

• ADHD is the same as ADD (I think ADD must be the US version). In regard to what caused your anxiety in the first place, mine, I believe stems from my childhood. How would you describe your childhood?

• childhood was probably typical of an eighties child divorce a bit of bullying at school.

But i dont have any resent or deep angst regarding either . I think my folks did there best by me at the time and continue to do so ( i wouldnt go back and try to change history )

Bullying at school i look on now as me being over sensitive to what was in reality playground banter .

I never really wanted for anything had holidays etc friends a healthy diet and exercise .

• Well, it's quite probable, if you had good self-esteem/confidence in childhood, you had a knock later on in life? But in any case, what makes you feel anxious?

You may also like...