I have given up

Since my heart attack I have given up

a) My lovely full English Breakfast...............................................Too much fat

b)Whisky......................................................................................Bad for the heart

c)Brandy...................................................................................... Ditto

d) Special Brew.............................................................................Ditto

e)Capstan Full Strength................................................................Ditto

f) Sex Not sure why

g) Driving Too much road rage

h) Reading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Can't concentrate

i) Sleeping..........................................My beloved dosulpin won't mix with my 22 heart tabs.

j) Exercise.......................................................................................No strength

On the plus side I have gained

1) Insomnia

2) anxiety.

But what I miss most of all are my lovely FAGS and the colour Purple.

I wonder if your illness/anxiety/depression has made you give up something you really miss?

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi grogboy

You have given up a lot

I no you may not like it but they say red wine is good for the heart & its a similar colour to purple ;-)

Also they do say making love , is a good form of exercise , well that's what hubby keeps telling me :-D

Well my anxiety

I have given up going out ...cant leave the door

Miss been with people & talking ...because I am a chatter box

To be honest all the things I miss are to do with not getting out , like been able to visit my daughters , going to see my granddaughter in her dancing , shows , she is a good little mover , must have took after me

Miss shopping

All the things you do when you go out really

One other thing I miss the real me , that I no is still there some where , but I hope to get that back

Hope you are ok

Love

whywhy

xx

• Hello whywhy you've put a smile on my face as usual.However you have made the one important thing that I missed.

The Real Me!I would give anything to get that back

:-)

• Hi oap

We try & have a little laugh on here from time to time , it can sometimes break up the serious side to things

Are you getting any help ? any meds ?

Don't ever give up hope , I no it can feel like this will be for ever ,but little by little , we have to keep strong & aim for that , well that my goal

And we will ;-)

xxx

• Hello oap. It is nice to see you here.whywhy always cheers me up too.And you are both right I also miss the real me.Believe it or not I used to have a sense of humour.

Also congrats oap it was whywhy who taught me how to do a smiley

but I see you know already

Grog

xxx

• You still do have a sense of humour , well you make me laugh ;-)

xxx

• What a lovely story and sorry about your heart attack.

I suppose that depression and old age have made me give up things I used to love.

I used to enjoy dancing but sadly arthritis has put an end to that.By losing that I also lost a lot of companions.The worst thing was the recent death of my beloved dog Sam.He was my friend my companion and my reason to go out three times a day for his walkies.Sorry must go am starting to cry now

• Hi grog.

The main thing I miss is that, can go anywhere, can do anything, and not get scared attitude.

Even the fags that I am trying to give up, I will be pleased to let go of, I may miss them but know they are not good for me.

B

xxx

• Oap, so sorry about your loss of your dog Sam. Our pets are such a comfort - more so than people sometimes. I know it's too early now, but I hope you will be able to get another friend one day - maybe one who needs a good friend themselves. xx

• Hello bonkerswoman

Thanks for your empathy. Sam and me were together for 12 years and he was my only real companion.Since he passed away I swore that I would never try to replace him. But perhaps as you say,maybe a homeless dog might be a good idea.

Thank you and good luck.

• gutted ahbout the whisky been my friends since my teens. How does one get rid of it

• gutted about the whisky been my friend since my teens

• i only drink it moderately

• yes i did

You may also like...