My Birthday: My Birthday has always... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

48,161 members49,400 posts

My Birthday

SunIsShining
SunIsShining

My Birthday has always been a disappointment to me, I try to acknowledge that even limited effort is still more effort then some get so I should focus on that and be grateful for the people in my life. I used to love my birthday but there were several years where it was forgotten by my family. I can make excuses, even justifiable ones, but it still hurt me quite a bit. The last few years I have been bitterly ignoring or downplaying my expectations for my birthday. We did celebrate. I am slightly upset about today’s events but mostly I’m numb, I had no expectations for the day. I’m worried that in order to survive I am burying the things that make me happy. My family gets upset at me for reminding them that it’s my birthday? Fine. I just won’t expect anything. I want to be grateful and feel loved by them but I don’t and that upsets me.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Happy birthday 🎉🎂🎈.

Thanks!

You're very welcome 😊

Happy Birthday Dear!

You have every right to want to be remembered on your special day.

Next year, we will do it up right on the forum

Make a wish in your heart. I hope it comes true :) xx

SunIsShining
SunIsShining in reply to Agora1

That’s so sweet! Thank you and I will. I think setting goals for the future is such a huge part of fighting depression

Happy Birthday To You

Thank you!

Hidden
Hidden

I'm sorry however this is a great day to honor yourself and plan to something special for you from you. For example shopping, getting your nails done, getting a massage etc..

Also send yourself a great card to you from you.

This is a wonderful day to spend getting to know you and each year you can plan something special for you. YOU ARE WORTH IT! ..

Happy Birthday 🎈🎂🎉🎁🎂🎈🎉

Heidi777

SunIsShining
SunIsShining in reply to Hidden

That is such great advice! Thank you! I don’t need to rely on other people to make my Birthday Special, I haven’t relied on other people to do most of the things in my life so why am I waiting on them to do something for my birthday when I know they will let me down? I don’t have to isolate myself just because they won’t show up, I can talk with someone doing my nails or doing my hair. I thought about sending myself some flowers for graduation but I didn’t see the point in that because flowers are more about the sentiment, but spending money on building confidence and feeling good inside is a worthwhile investment!

Happy Birthday🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Thank you!

You may also like...