Anxiety and Depression Support
27,366 members27,156 posts

Yoga Therapy

Been running on purely caffeine today after being awake with my thoughts from 2am. So I thought I’d try something new to spice up my day..

Yoga!

Honestly would never of thought positions like the ‘Downward Dog’ could be relaxing in any way possible, but it is absolutely heavenly to be relaxed and at peace with yourself, even if it is just for 10-20 minutes.

I’m a complete newby and have been using an app called ‘Daily Yoga’.

I’m hoping to join a weekly class local to me, get me out and about a little bit more. Hopefully the right distraction that I need to get me back on track!

X

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes! Yoga is amazing.

I recommend Yoga With Adrienne. She’s amazing and she even has a video on yoga for anxiety.

Hope it works out for you! 🖤

5 likes

So glad I saw your comment. I didn't realize has a yoga video specifically for anxiety. I'll have to check that out.

4 likes

Thanks a million, Mavis!

1 like

Ooo fab! Il definitely have to try that one! X

I’ve also been thinking of taking up yoga! I will have to give the app you mentioned a try. Thank you for sharing your experience 😊

3 likes

It’s definitely therapeutic! X

1 like

I too love yoga, usually with Yoga by Candace on YouTube. I'm glad it's so helpful for you. :)

3 likes

Oo thanks! I will try that one too! X

1 like

Yoga is a form of meditation, meditation is very good for mental health 😋

4 likes

It certainly is! X

1 like

🤗

If you can't tell by my name I love yoga! It's one of the few that's helped my anxiety and depression. It's hard to keep up with it, but I want to stay dedicated to my practice.

1 like

I’m starting to find a love for it! It’s very helpful at easing the mind! Xx

Really good app called: down dog :)

1 like

Oh fab thanks! Will try that one! X

1 like

You may also like...