Anxiety and Depression Support
20,752 members โ€ข 18,404 posts

๐Ÿ’• What are you grateful for? ๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™ve been suffering with mood swings this morning and itโ€™s exhausting and itโ€™s hard to control my thoughts. BUT I AM THANKFUL. It could be worse. I am grateful for a some time of peace outside listening to the insects and birds, a brand new day, full of possibilities. A clear beautiful sky.

What are you grateful for?

57 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Just came in from watering the garden, half of it anyway's....and even though we had a real hit and miss year with flowers....veggies had the best year, what flowers we did get are gorgeous.....I can sit and listen to the bee's buzzing...birds gossiping....cat meowing at me for a pet, and the brothers dog Ella visiting and chewing on a treat....

We are doing relatively okay health wise, kids are okay, we are pretty happy...very grateful for....

No sirens, airplane's, low flying military jets, helicopters, horns, screeching brakes, grass blowers, lawn mowers, boom box's, loud music, clanging of dumpster trucks, people yelling.... all of that....I'm most grateful for no longer having in my life.

2 likes

Fauxartist! Hey! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m glad your garden is doing well! I know what you mean, that list of noise makers I can do without too.

1 like

Friends of good counsel. I donโ€™t have many but the ones I do have are precious. And... for some reason they think I am pretty cool too. Lololol happy for you, those sweet thoughts will take you far down the road! Hug

3 likes

((((Poetic))))) Agreed. Precious friends are such a gift. Haha of course your friends think that because you ARE pretty ๐Ÿ˜Ž cool! Yes trying to stay with the sweet thoughts, staying outside with the peace of the morning before the day gets hectic. (((((((Hug)))))))

2 likes

The only poem I ever wrote with music with it...wanna hear part of it?

YES!!!

Hammock swinging/ Nature singing/ Reminding us itโ€™s easy/ Once weโ€™ve found the peace/ To lose it in the city/ Concrete music streets///

More? Lol

1 like

I ๐Ÿ˜ love it! Yes yes more please

I am greatful for this support group

1 like

Hi Readin! Iโ€™m so happy that you like it here. Me too! ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope you are having a good day.

1 like

Well today didn't start good but this chatting helped.

1 like

Same here!!! Iโ€™m here for you! Any plans for the day?

Nothing great!

Itโ€™s a chillin sort of a day I feel like. You can chill with me.

1 like

Thanks for offer.so what r we doin'

We can read poetic2โ€™s poetry. Right now Iโ€™m just breathing in the fresh air outside before things start getting busy around here. I will listen to music later maybe we can share our favs.

1 like

You look like a nature person.that's great.

1 like

Yes

What else are you interested in?

Art, poetry, doing things with my kiddos and dog, exercise and health.. how about you? What are you into, Readin?

Reading,writing,little bit of art,music,poetry,nature,and maths

1 like

Niiiiiice I wish I was good at math.

Well I'm just good at it

Ha lucky

1 like

Take it to the country children/ Take it to the hills/ Take the quiet that is within you/ Find a place to build/ The dreams that you were born with/ The hopes that haunt you still/ Are found deep within the country on a moon reflected hill////

1 like

Its great I especially love the ending with the dreams and hopes haunting with the moon reflected hill

On a somber note the second verse chilled even me and I wrote it!!! lol //Mental pictures/ To be taken/ Carried lightly in the night/ Strangers souls in stranger eyes/ I find no comfort in their flight/ The empty crying voices of the sun keep telling me/ Canโ€™t you see my lost one/ The way that it must be//Take it to the country children...../// ***Now back to those blue skies, butterflies and crickets!!! Lol

2 likes

Good chatting with you guys...Have a wonderful Saturday!! Hug

โค๏ธ

So nice! I love it! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Gratefulness is so important and I'm glad you raised this question because it can really help our low/negative moods. I'm always so grateful for the freedom that I have. Whether it's the freedom to move from my bed to the couch, freedom to choose what I eat, or the freedom to go for a walk or drive. It makes me feel good inside to think about freedom ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

I absolutely love the word free and we can take for granted our freedoms. Thank you so much for sharing I love it!

2 likes

Iโ€™m grateful to be alive and see another sunrise with its purple, yellow and orange glow on the morning sky! That does it for me! ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒท

1 like

God paints a beautiful sky

1 like

Oh yes!! Just looking at the sky can be a moving experience! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Afternoon lovely, I am grateful fir having a good day, seeing friends, and feeling bettter, xxx lots love ๐Ÿ’•

1 like

Hi ya Florida! Love to you too ๐Ÿ’• I just came back from running so feeling good here too. Glad u r in a good place!

I am grateful for all of you beautiful people!!!

1 like

Grateful for my husband... He now knows how bad I'm feeling. I was scared for him to know, but glad he does. Being so supportive. Grateful for my friends here.... Being there & understanding. Making me feel less alone. Grateful to be visiting a good friend & his family today. I'm scared to tell him how bad I've gotten... have to trust he loves me & will be supportive. ๐Ÿ’›

That is wonderful about your husband Melbrown. Yes friends here are great and I consider you one of them, grateful to know you. I know what you mean about having to trust that a friend will be supportive; i believe it will be okay for you.

๐ŸŒžblue sky,and birdsongโ˜๏ธ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸฆŒ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿฟ

You forgot to add emojis.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‹๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 likes

Yeah grateful for emojis tooโœŒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ˜Š

Right on! Grateful for those things too.Alan! haha emojis thanks for that Marshall!

Forgot to mention all the free forum love and peace,oh and anxietyโ€™s joy and hugs ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜๏ธXx๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 like

Yes!

1 like

๐Ÿ˜Šx

:)

1 like

I'm thankful for my 2 spectacular kiddos, my husband, Simon, hot tea, beautiful day, nature, scrumptious food, and all that jazz :) Hugs and love to ya Starr! (((Hug)))

2 likes

((((((((((((Elliott)))))))))))) hugs and love peace and joy to you! What beautiful things that we can fit into our days!

1 like

Thank you for the post! I sometimes need to be reminded of the things i appreciate โ˜บ

Sure! Me too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I feel the same as you ... Iโ€™m on the brink on tears all day even while Iโ€™m happy... itโ€™s exhausting

Im grateful for pizza, chocolates, and pure orange juice!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ sorry I donโ€™t have much else for ya ....

1 like

Iโ€™m so sorry Hope. I wish I could take you along to the lake with me to cheer you up. I get that, being happy yet sad at the same time.

Mmmm pure orange juice! So funny that I was just getting out my oranges to make some juice with!!!

This thread proves two things: 1) Human interactions are necessary to health, and

2) Love heals.

Donโ€™t know about the rest of you, but this did me a world of good.

-Poetic2, I REALLY want to read what youโ€™ve written. I used to be a singer/songwriter, so I will ditch whatever dignity I might have...and beg you for the rest of it, & anything else youโ€™ve written.

Please??

1 like

Good reminder. Love heals.

1 like

You may also like...