Anxiety and Depression Support
22,965 members21,139 posts

GCSE

Hi, I've started my GCSEs now, and so far so good, the only bad part was maths, I'm naturally not good at it, and during the exam I freaked out and forgot everything, I doubt I got anything. The worst part is I need a 6 in maths in order to do psychology. I got an 'episode' - essentially what I call my random sudden waves of sadness - during the exam also, I know it affects my performance, but I don't think there's anything I can do, I know I'll fail if I get one during the most important/ subjects I'm weak at, history, maths and Spanish. I don't really know what to do, I don't think I can do anything really. Just kinda ranting I guess.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Is it stress taking anxiety? If that’s the case then I’d recommend trying to find ways to calm down. My therapist taught me if you push in your stomach and do 12-15 deep breaths it will calm all that!

As far as math goes just find a tutor or check out Khan Academy on YouTube. Just try your best, I know you can do it!

1 like

Thank you, I do try to watch lots of videos on YouTube, and they've been a big help! If I ever freak out again I'll try the breathing thing, I'm not used to feeling anxious lol 😅 the one I'm worrying about is if I'm the opposite, cause then I'll lose all motivation

You may also like...