Anxiety Extremes: So I am currently... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
36,951 members39,581 posts

Anxiety Extremes

YoungSimba
YoungSimba
13 Replies

So I am currently going through this and I feel like it happens often. So I have talked about my sister for a couple of post and it just seems like she is person in my life right now that is affecting me the most and triggers some of my anxiety. So we haven’t really been the same since we had an argument a while ago, but we both apologized and I thought we had moved on since then. But she has taken it upon herself to basically “X” me out and start telling our youngest sister that she is her favorite. I have tried to just let bygones be bygones but it starting changing into her only caking or texting me if she can’t get in contact with our younger sister. Idk if I’m being too sensitive but I don’t want to keep trying to make something work if it’s not working, even if she is my sister but then again I don’t want to be purposely left out of stuff they do together when I literally have no one else. (I wish I could go into more detail regarding our relationship but it really is a trigger that has been going on since I can remember)

13 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

I used to be close to my twin sister. Then she moved 2000 miles away. I only communicate through email with her. Sometimes in life families grow apart.

1 like
YoungSimba
YoungSimba
in reply to Hidden

I understand distance and I wish it was because of that. I’ve grown apart from friends, which is why I have none. But as my sister you would think it would be different and not let something like this jeopardize our relationship

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to YoungSimba

I hear you. Family cuts us deep at times. My twin even told me I couldn’t live with her after our parents are gone. Says I would be a bad example to her kids because I don’t work.

YoungSimba
YoungSimba
in reply to Hidden

Wow, I’m sorry, and I commend you for still keeping in contact her. I would be the same way though, in keeping in contact. Regardless of what happens we are family, it seems like an unspoken rule that we should be able to fall back on them and forgive more than anybody but people like my sister don’t believe in that and it hurts because I’m the total opposite.

2 likes
Hidden
Hidden

your sister will come to appreciate the unconditional love you have for her. She just doesn’t see it. Eventually life will kick you down and she will realize you are still by her side. You have integrity and character.

2 likes
YoungSimba
YoungSimba
in reply to Hidden

I think she appreciates it when it’s convenient...Which isn’t good either but thank you ❤️

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to YoungSimba

Same with my sister and family. I am only bothered with when they need me to do something. It’s not right, but they are human. Human nature can be selfish at times. I just bare the burden with love for love of my family. Eventually things change.

Shannon00444

I have two boys. My oldest, who suffers from major anxiety and depression, absolutely despised my youngest who came into the world screaming and didn’t stop for the first 6 mos of his life 😁 My oldest just couldn’t seem to forgive him. For years. Well over a decade actually. I got tired of it and one day I told him that there is at least one day in everyone’s life where they feel completely alone, completely lost and need a friend. And it’s going to be his brother that won’t ever turn his back. Turns out I was right. They’re best friends now. Moral of my story, plant the seed with your sister now. Let her know that you know you two are going through something right now. But no matter what comes, you always have her back. Because from what I understand, sisters are even more special than brothers. Sending love! ❤️

1 like
YoungSimba

Thank you and I have tried. With me and her it’s more so we are just too different. Our relationship has always been a little one sided to me but she doesn’t see where she is wrong at. I can come to her saying that and she would just think of it as not being a problem and say I’m being dramatic. I wish our relationship was better but I think the damage has been done. And yes sisters are special but harder to maintain that relationship than brothers

1 like
hypercat54

Hi I have 3 sisters and our relationships are very fractured for various reasons. The youngest hates the eldest and totally avoids her.

My eldest sister is a recluse and hypochondiac, the middle one is a thief and liar, and the youngest is a snob and thinks herself better than all of us! I try and avoid them all. My mother spent my childhood slagging me off. At 18 I left home and went as far away as possible from all of them.

Now we have mended fences a bit as we are all a lot older but none of us have ever been close. I hope you have better luck with your family. x

1 like
YoungSimba

It’s sort of the same I’m afraid in a sense. We don’t really mend anything besides me and my younger sister. My older sister has the mentality that she is “all knowing” when it comes to us and my little sister just avoids her and doesn’t care. Whereas me, I do care and have called her out on it plenty of times. But she just takes it as I have the problem and not her. So I think I have come to end of my rope with her. Thank you, and I’m glad you and your sisters mended the fences a little

hypercat54

I wouldn't cut all ties with her though as often when life has rubbed the rough edges off a bit you all you can become closer, but I would definitely back away a bit if her behaviour is upsetting you. x

YoungSimba

You’re right. I won’t totally give it up but I am going to create some distance just to feel comfortable again.

1 like

You may also like...