Anxiety and Depression Support
17,661 members14,073 posts

Help letting go of the past

Every day I feel lost and left behind to die but today I woke up feeling it's time for me to move and leave the past behind me. To move into the future and the uncertainty. I need to replant my roots in hopes that they may grow into something beautiful again. Am I making a good decision to leave town and leave the past behind me or am I just running away, or maybe I just need a vacation. Any advice out there would be helpful

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Smellycat123456, That's a good sign in feeling like it's time to move forward and leave the past behind. Just make sure it's not a quick decision that you are not ready for. I think moving may be a good idea. I don't feel in this instance that it is running away but more like starting over in a fresh place. A vacation sounds nice which might not be a bad idea in seeing how you feel when you are away and also going over your decision that affects your future before making that final move.

I don't have any doubts that wherever you go you will be able to find a beautiful life again. When you least expect it, magic will happen. Let us know what you decide. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'm not going to make any rash decisions I'm going to take my time and think it through but I need to get out of here. I still live in the house I grew up in and when my mom died I took over and started my family here but now that I'm alone in this big house it feels empty and it's making me feel empty. Too many memories here that I think that are keeping me down but at the same time lots of good memories too honestly I don't know what to do but I'm going to try to keep my head up and try to move forward for me and my kids.

2 likes

You've got this, what ever you decide, I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and your children. :)

Sounds like you're not making any rash decisions , and you have a plan. Is it just you and the kids? Maybe you do not have to move far just have a change of scenery or take a break.

Sorry about that- I assume that your kids are adults now- and do they live close by? Keep us informed.

You may also like...