Anxiety

Hello everybody I am new to the group, about 2 months ago my anxiety started getting out of hand. There were days I felt like I was gonna faint, had hot flashes, dizziness, headaches. I went to the doctor and was put on venaflaxine 75 mg I tried it for a week and was a walking zombie always sleeping couldn't eat and lost 16 pounds in two days. I told my doctor I didn't like how the pill made me feel so he switched me to celaxa 20 mg which I can tell a big difference with. I'm still anxious and have hot flashes and always thinking my life is coming to an end.How long do it take before the pill fully take effect and also I have a feeling of emptiness everyday. Should I ask my doctor to up my dose to 40 mg or is this a feeling that will go away in due time? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've been there before it sucks but it will go away with time. Something that really helped me was keeping myself busy even though the dizziness is there. Keep us updated on how thing have gone. We are here to support you :)

• Yusef thank you so much for replying I will try that

• hi Niseyb

I hope the tablets work for you.

It's horrendous what some people live with.

I sort of feel I don't have long,scared to make any plans for future,But we probably will be ok,I think its just part of what is happening to you.

I wish you well.

sorry that's all I can offer 😐

take care 😊

• Thank you so much, to acknowledge my post is helpful

• I just edit it.

hope tomorrow is a better day 😁

• Nyseib,

The faint, had hot flashes, dizziness, and headaches was how it all started for me. I visited the doctor and said it was only stress so I kept on working hard until I broke down. I should have listened to my body early on. I now experience a lot of anxiety. I take Anti-anxiety medication and practice the tools that my psychologist recommended me to do. For the last four months I have done this and I have improved. But I'm not out of the woods yet. Take care.

• Blue4567 what kind of meds are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

• Lorezapam when needed. There are days better than others.

• Did it scare you when u started going thru the dizziness and faint like feelings?

• Definitely, to be honest I'm still scared that it will come back. It's tough to deal with panick attacks. I'm hopeful that it will continue to get bettter.

• I hope it will keep getting better for you as well I guess I'm at the beginning of the journey I go thru dizziness but not a lot, I'm anxious about a lot of things still. I use to be afraid to sleep at night thinking I wasn't gonna wake up the next day smh, I still have that feeling from time to time I just because I have kids and always thinking about what will happen to them if something ever happened to me. Even though I know they would be in good hands I just can't picture not being here for them. That's one of my biggest FEARS/CONCERNS

• I hear you... I have kids too and it tears me apart that I can't get it together. Everything my life is good but for some reason or another I feel anxious and deep down I feel alone. Logically I can see all the wonderful things I have and to be grateful for but my emotions are a bit out of control. I finally asked for medical help when I couldn't stop crying. I feel better now but it's been baby steps. Sometimes I take a few forward but then I take one back. But overall I feel better but still in the journey. If you have any other questions let me know.

You may also like...