Active 10
3,357 members886 posts

74 brisk minutes, Tuesday, 6 March

74 brisk minutes, Tuesday, 6 March

Wife was going to have lunch with former coworkers in a busy area with a lot of restaurants frequented by tech workers. “Where are you going to park?”, I asked. She replied, “In the city-owned garage nearby.” I said that finding a spot in that garage was going to be hard and that she should park on the street a few blocks away. Her answer, “I don’t feel comfortable walking by myself.” I offered to drop her at the restaurant and pick her up again when she was ready. I parked half a mile away, got my steps in and managed to find a quick, decent lunch.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done svgeeks - you got your steps in AND made your wife feel precious! A good day for yous!

kay50, I do try but often a most innocuous remark gets me in trouble. Life!

1 like

What a gentleman, great that you got your steps in as well.

I occasionally ask my wife if my “thoughtfulness or good deeds” would ever make up for the “past sins”, the reply is not in the affirmative.

1 like

We all make mistakes, svgeeks! As long as you learn from them forgive yourself.....

You have the best ways of sneaking extra walks in. I love it. You must be a fast eater as well :)

I do eat more quickly than I should. However, I only ate one half of my meal (The Miss Jones from asianbox.com/menu/ ) yesterday and brought the rest home.

sorry to be nosy but I am puzzled as to why your wife can’t walk a short distance by herself.

I don’t know. She walks on the treadmill at home but is not interested in going out for a walk by herself. We live in a safe area where the weather is almost always very good.

You may also like...