Anyone experience bleeding after a cervical... - Women's Health

Women's Health
20,312 members2,445 posts

Anyone experience bleeding after a cervical biopsy?

L1994
L1994

I had a cervical biopsy over a week ago now and still am having some bleeding. This is setting my anxiety off badly. The bleeding is no heavier than a period. Some days I don't have much bleeding atall. Has anyone else had a biopsy and experienced this. My anxiety is stopping me from calling the hospital because I fear them telling me something bad.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi.

My bleeding after this went on over a week I think. I was fine, it stopped eventually. I am sure you will be fine.

Very best wishes

Kim

L1994
L1994 in reply to Kkimm

Thank you atleast I know that I'm not the only one. Just it says online that you can bleed up to 7 days afterwards. The hospital didn't give me no after care advice or information just handed me a leaflet xx

Info is if bleeding goes on longer than 4 weeks see your GP so it's not unusual to bleed for a while. My Consultant couldn't even complete the colposcopy but I still bled for 2 weeks.

L1994
L1994 in reply to bantam12

Thank you feel more reassured about it now. I keep stopping bleeding for a couple of hours and then it starts again but only a little bit.

Yeah ii did just over a week I’m sure. Enough to wear a Pad!! Not nice but it’ll slow down. Do u no how much longer for your results ?? X

L1994
L1994 in reply to Littleone88

I have to wait about 2 more weeks for my results. I am only getting the bleeding now when I wipe so hopefully it is calming down. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that I had the biopsy done x

You may also like...