Period after Colonoscopy

Hi, this is my first post in this group and I'm after some advice.

I had a colonoscopy done on the 2nd November and everything was fine. I then started on my period on the 4th even though I'm not due on till the 10th November.

Growing up, I used to have really painful and heavy periods but over the last few years I've noticed a huge difference. The pain isn't really there anymore and if I do get it it's nowhere near as bad and paracetamol gets rid of it for the duration of the period.

I've also noticed my periods went from 7 days ish to 2 days. Stopped for a little while and then come back on for a few hours and then stopped again till the next one. This period has been very heavy and bright red (sorry for the tmi) and I'm on day 4 with no signs of stopping. It's also been more painful than usual and I've had to take more painkillers than usual to stop it.

Should I be worried? I had a Ultrasound done on my stomach and they found cysts on my right ovary. I have an appointment with the gyne on the 15th to look into it further but in the meantime I'm a little nervous about why the sudden change.

Could it possibly be the prep for the Colonoscopy? Since I had it, my need to wake up in the night for a wee has gone too (sorry again) and can last through the night without waking up now.

Any advice or reassurances greatly appreciated.

Nikki

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I would say that the colonoscopy could definitely cause more bleeding during your period, not sure why bladder function would be improved though. check it out at your gynaecological appointment

There was talk of a possible bloackage after Laxido didn't work, Maybe it was slowing the process down or something? Allthough I was still going a lot. Still been sleeping through the night so whatever has happened I'm thankful for it as I'm actually getting a full nights sleep. Hope it lasts

You may also like...