PCOS UK (Verity)
3,679 members1,087 posts

Day 47.... negative test!

Hi,

After my periods finally settling into a sort of pattern since January this year... between 39 and 42 days, this month it has failed to show! I had very bad period pains on Friday and Saturday (it is now Friday) so thought I was going to come on bang on time. Nothing showed! I started feeling very hungry and on Wednesday I just couldn't stop eating and couldn't get full! I also felt very bloated and woke in the night desperate for a wee. I have had lots of discharge all week to the point I can feel it and I have dashed to the loo thinking it was period showing. I though maybe I could be pregnant because of this but tested last night and it was negative! So confused and disheartened I just thought my body had finally found its pattern and then bam!

So fed up of it all!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Anything gong on stress wise as stress can affect your cycle massively. Sounds good that your periods were becoming more regular - I was told if they were over 2 days of your normal cycle then the chances that you are ovulating is minimal (I was anything from 2-11 days late). Have you put on any weight or anything which could have affected it.

Pregnancy and periods symptoms are quite similar (I had bad period pain for 7 months of my pregnancy)

Are you using a proper pregnancy test - not a cheapy one and done it with the first wee ?

I have been stressed until the past week or so I have calmed down as I have started a new job etc. I also thought I wouldn't ovulate however I had blood tests to monitor and to my surprise I did ovulate just very late. I used a cheap test as I did when I was pregnant 5 years ago as I thought they are all the same to be honest thanks for writing!

It could well be the stress of a new job that has delayed it - hopefully it should appear shortly. I would take a proper test as I have heard dodgy things about the cheap ones.

1 like

Maybe try another test just to make sure? I know someone who kept having negative tests and it was never confirmed until blood tests. She even took one at 8 months for a laugh and still negative!

If not, hoping it all sorts out for you soon 😊

1 like

I think I will wait another week then try with a better test. That's interesting! I just usually buy cheap because sick of being let down with a negative lol. Thank you😊

1 like

You may also like...