🌱 Celebrating world Vegan day 🌱 - Vegan Foods for Life

Vegan Foods for Life

679 members β€’ 1,213 posts

🌱 Celebrating world Vegan day 🌱

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
β€’7 Replies

I decided to celebrate world vegan day today by making a mocha pie. 😁

I made a base of about 1 cup of mixed nuts and 8 dates, if needed you can add coconut oil or maple syrup. Or you could use a pastry case.

I whisked the solid part of a tin of coconut cream (which I left in the fridge overnight) I would probably use two tins if I were serving it to more people or for a party.

I Added 6 squares of melted chocolate and a teaspoon and a half of instant coffee desolved in as little boiling water as possible to the whipped coconut and put a few fresh coffee beans and grated chocolate on top. Refrigerate after making.

It has a lovely creamy consistency with a chocolate/coffee taste, it’s delicious and moorish and super easy to make.

Here are the Benefits of coconut milk to outweigh all the saturated fat πŸ˜• apart from the fat it’s actually pretty healthy πŸ˜‡

Calories: 552.

Fat: 57 grams.

Protein: 5 grams.

Carbs: 13 grams.

Fiber: 5 grams.

Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI.

Folate: 10% of the RDI.

Iron: 22% of the RDI.

Magnesium: 22% of the RDI.

Potassium: 18% of the RDI.

Copper: 32% of the RDI.

Manganese: 110% of the RDI.

Selenium: 21% of the RDI.

In addition, some experts believe coconut milk contains unique proteins that may provide health benefits. However, more research is needed on this.

πŸŒ±πŸ’š Ali

7 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

That looks really tasty! πŸ‘πŸ˜

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to GoGo_JoJo

Thank you! It was very nice. πŸ˜‹

Ooh yummy I may have to copy you. You amaze me the way you create your own dishes xπŸ˜€

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia, I thought of you whilst making this as I knew you would like the coffee, chocolate mixture. It’s very easy to make and I think everyone would like it πŸŒ±πŸ™‚ Ali

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar in reply to Agoodenough

Oh yes, definitely one for me to try πŸ˜€

This is a wonderful creation Ali, worthy of a celebration and I’d love some πŸ˜€

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry. It was great and creamy. πŸ‘πŸŒ±

You may also like...