Concerned about my lump

Hi all ,Ive just had a blood test come back indicating that i have hyperthyroidism ,i also have a lump on my thoat , i have a consultants appointment this Thurs , However since yesterday ive developed a cough and a hoarsness in my voice ...is this a common symptom ? ... my lump seems to have grown bigger too ..im abit worried ..thanks for reading this Mandy

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My motto, never worry until there is something to worry about (not that I often live by this!)

relax and await your results, I know that's easy to say but if there was any cause for immediate concern your gp would have taken steps to hurry things along :)

• You must have an unusually good GP moodymoocow if you have that much confidence in them!

• My gp if anything is usually very much on the ball (in fact several in the surgery are). The only problem with continuity of care that I have had is when I get a gp who doesn't know me and works purely on figures (or not as the last one tried upping my dose without having my bloods done) lol

• it is very common and not normally significant., thyroid probably enlarged with or without nodules. You will have an ultra sound and then likely a needle biopsy. It will just be a precaution , these are very common symptoms but best to make sure.

Best wishes,

Jackie

• Thank you for all your advice .. Not long to go until my appointment now

You may also like...