please read my results, it says I think, I am hyperthyroid ? not suprised I feel ill?

Hi team, would you read my results please and cENDOCRINOLOGY

THYROID PROFILE 2

TOTAL THYROXINE(T4) *242 nmol/L 59 - 154

THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE *<0.01 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.2

FREE THYROXINE *49.5 pmol/l 12.0 - 22.0

FREE T3 *12.5 pmol/L 3.1 - 6.8

IMMUNOLOGY

THYROID ANTIBODIES

Thyroglobulin Antibody *621.5 IU/mL 0-115(Negative)

Method used for Anti-Tg: Roche Modular

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 16.6 IU/mL <34 (Negative)

Method used for Anti-TPO: Roche Modular

,,TF2

//.THYROID PROFILE 2

kindest merissa

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, it looks as though you are indeed hyperthyroid. Your fT4 and fT3 are way too high.

Your thyroglobulin antibody result is confusing: it looks positive but says negative?

What did the doctor say?

koala

• Agreed it looks odd. But I suspect a typo. Was that meant to read 62.5?

• yes helvella, 62.5 thyroglobulin, it definetly looks not in range?

• Merissa,

If I am reading right, that is IN the range 0 to 115 - so is negative.

The obvious conclusions:

You do not have the antibodies that are used to diagnose Hashimoto's.

You are very significantly hyperthyroid (in the sense of having too much thyroid hormone - T3 and T4).

Are you taking any thyroid hormones at all?

I am VERY concerned.

Rod

• Hi Rod, thanks for the reply, In terms of taking any med, no I am not and I am concerned as well, i feel teriible and the wait adds more anxiety.

hope doc phones tomorrow boo hoo,

x

• Don't wait for the doctor to phone you.

Phone the doctor in the morning - even if all you can actually do is leave a message. Keep doing that if needed.

Especially with the holidays looming you don't want to allow things to meander on so that nothing happens before mid-January.

• I think I remember you being on a low dose of thyroxine? Have you stopped this and how much we're you on? Xx

• hyah Clarebear, new you would answer xx yes I was on low dose eltroxin, these were stopped i week before these results. I was diagnosed with hashi in March but docs wouldnt except private diagnoses. I do not wish to take Eltoxin, I would prefere to take natural sources. I am just waiting for my PTH results coming back. Its absolutely ironic and surreal all of this, its should be just a simple diagnoses, but as you know this isnt the case for a lot of un well patients.

Hopefully I will recieve phone call tomorrow from my G.p. However not sure what will happen now, as have cortisol and dhea to sort out first.

I hope I get a refferal to a endo, preferably not at my local Hosp.

Thanks

merissa xxx

• Yes I think a referral to an endo would be a good idea. I am glad you have stopped the Eltroxin. Something is obviously going on here but I'm afraid I am not sure what. I would be surprised if 25mcg of thyroxine could have done this but we are all different.

I think you can choose to see an endo any where you like but I may be wrong about this.

Hopefully they will get you sorted soon xx

You may also like...