latest tests :): Hello lovely folks Just thought... - Thyroid UK

Thyroid UK

112,179 members130,465 posts

latest tests :)

malohant
malohant

Hello lovely folks

Just thought I'd check in with my latest tests (from Monitor My Health)...

TSH 0.07 (0.27-4.2)

FT4 20.7 (12-22)

FT3 4.9 (3.1-6.8)

Vit D 72 (~62-103, "Replete" range)

Got my levo timing to within an hour of 24hrs before this time, although curiously my free Ts are lower than the last test (see here healthunlocked.com/thyroidu... )

It seems I'm no longer showing as overmedicated, but *still* having the same considerable fatigue symptoms, brain fog, although mood swings and emotional fragility have improved a little. Since the last tests I've started Isabella Wentz's Hashimoto's Protocol to try to improve what I can through diet, and have swapped my B complex to Igennus (which of course I stopped for a week before these blood tests).

My Vit D has also shown improvement - at last test in July it was 55 (50-175). MMH don't give a range for Vit D in numbers but on a graph so the range is approximate.

Can I ask - does my FT4 being so much higher through range than FT3 mean I don't convert as well as I should? Would it be beneficial to try adding Liothyronine or is it too soon to tell (I have been on a steady dose of the same preparation of 100 mcg Accord T4 since 25 July)?

Many thanks to you wonderful people as always,

Be happy and be safe

Mx

5 Replies
oldestnewest
SlowDragon
SlowDragonAdministrator

Previous full vitamin testing 3 months ago showed low B12 and low folate

Vit D: 55 (50-175) nmol/L

active B12: 72 (37.5-188) pmol/L

total B12: 218 (300-569) pmol/L

folate: 26.3 (8.83-60.8) nmol/L

ferritin: 51 (30-400) ug/L

Hopefully vitamin B complex is helping improve

Are you also taking separate B12 supplement?

Vitamin D is improving. May be better at least over 80nmol or around 100nmol

Ferritin was pretty border line. Eating more iron rich foods to help improve

Suggest you test again in another 2-3 months see if Ft4 to Ft3 ratio is continuing to improve

malohant
malohant in reply to SlowDragon

Thanks SlowDragon, yes I didn't test my Bs as I've only recently started Igennus. Hoping to do a full vits test either towards end of this year or start of next.

As you don't feel tip-top, you may well benefit from adding some lio into the mix. As you say, your free T4 is nice and high at 87% through range while free T3 is lagging at only 48.6%. Remember you are only over-medicated when free T3 goes over-range - and taking lio is very likely to suppress your TSH, so you need to make sure your GP won't be appalled if TSH drops further :)

Lio can only be prescribed by an endo, and not many will, so if you want to a good starting point is to get the list of T3-friendly endos from Dionne at Thyroid UK - tukadmin@thyroiduk.org - and a separate post asking for recommendations near-ish to you. You don't have to see the nearest person, but must obv be reasonably convenient. It can take a while to get a referral, which gives you a chance to see how your blood results change (if at all) while on your current meds - but may be worth getting some of the groundwork in now if this is a route you want to go down x

Thanks fuschia-pink! We have a Thyroid support facebook group here in Devon, I've already asked on there about some endos but I'll ask on here too :) I have previously emailed Dionne and heard nothing back, but will try again. In the meantime I'll keep working on my vits!

I was taking 175 mcg levo, dropped down 150 and added 10 mcg lio. I take it all together during the night so don`t worry about calcium or iron waiting 4 hours. Been doing that for years now, they took out my thyroid during parathyroide surgery, said it was a goieter, even though it worked ok.

You may also like...