Hi everyone, not sure how this forum works so please bear with me and let me know if i'm breaking any rules or etiquette!
1) is advice/responses received from fellow patients or are there drs/pharmacists/forum admin on here too?
2) anyone have experience of iodine deficiency testing? and why isn't this mentioned a lot on the website?
3) would love to talk to other breastfeeding mums who have hypothyroidism symptoms and whether reference ranges for lactation exist
4) my result was serum free T4 12.8 pmol/L [ref range 12.0 - 22.0]
and TSH 2.13 mIU/L [ref range 0.3 -5.0] - it seems to my slightly untrained eye that my free T4 is borderline low and my TSH is norm.
my vit D is deficient and ferritin 45 ng/ml [15.0 -350] so looks suboptimal
5) test was done in morning but not fasting. does this matter? i have read since i joined this forum that fasting is best but i was never told this so deffo ate breakfast beforehand
6) i have a very challenging relationship with GP!!!! currently getting testing for coeliac alongside which is super difficult.
is it worth me getting the antibodies and free t3 tested given my results and how can I get GP to agree?
Thanks so much