Blue Horizon results

Hi, could someone please help me with my Blue Horizon results. I am hypo and on 150mg levothyroxine. i was on 100mg but my TSH was too high so Dr upped it, but now thinking it is too low :-) Thank you.

My results are in the brackets()

TSH (0.01) - 0.27-4.20

T4 total (110.5) 64.5-142.0

Free T4 (20.76) 12-22

Free T3 (4.39) 3.1-6.8

Anti-thyroidperoxidase abs (157.4) ≤34

Anti- thyoglobulin abs (14) ≤115

vit B12 (195) insufficient

serum Folate (4.75) 8.83-60.8

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Janty123,

Can you edit your post to include the lab ref ranges (the figures in brackets after the results)? Click on the v down arrow underneath your post and select Edit.

• have done. thanks

• Janty123,

TSH is suppressed but you are not over medicated because FT4 and FT3 are within range. FT4 is good in the upper range but FT3 is low-ish in range which indicates you are a poor converter. Some people need high FT4 with suppressed TSH to enable sufficient FT3. Read Treatment Options in thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_... Email louise.roberts@thyroiduk.org.uk if you would like a copy of the Pulse article to show your GP.

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies are positive for autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's). There is no cure for Hashimoto's which causes 90% of hypothyroidism. Treatment is for the low thyroid levels it causes. Many people have found that 100% gluten-free diet is helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and eventually antibodies.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

Folate is deficient. My GP prescribed 5mg folic acid for a couple of months to correct folate deficiency. B12 should be in range before taking folic acid.

What is the B12 range?

• Thank you for the reply. My B12 was 195, the range if under 140 was deficient and 140 - 200 is insufficient. So I fall in the insufficient range. I am going to the doctors on Saturday so I will take my results along and see what she says. I think I might have to do some reading up, but all sounds very complicated. Thank you

• Janty123,

If you have symptoms of B12 deficiency which are outlined in b12deficiency.info/signs-an... go to healthunlocked.com/pasoc for advice before you see your GP.

• You also need to know your vitamin D level. Very important to check & have good level with autoimmune thyroid- Hashimoto's.

Are you on gluten free diet? Very many of us find it can really help improve symptoms and may reduce antibodies slowly over time.

• If you address those deficiencies then your. Inversion should improve though it takes time.

You may also like...