Question about Meds

Hi,

I am taking 75mcg of Tirosint for hypo thyroids. My last labs tests results are as follow:

TSH .24 ( .45 - 4.50)

T3 Free 2.8 (2.0 - 4.8)

T4 Free 1.6 (.8 -1.7)

Microsomal TPO Antibody 21 <34

My Naturopath wants to raise the Tirosint to 88mcg and add 5 mcg T3, because she says that the Antibodies present affect the TSH and therefore I need a higher dose. I used to take Westhroid Pure but it was not helping. I have been dealing with up and down levels for over a year now. My antibodies are going up instead of down so she says I am borderline for Hashimoto's. Does this sound right? I just want to make sure that raising the Levo is the right thing to do.

Thank you!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Arios Raising the Levo will reduce your TSH and increase your FT4. With those results it's your FT3 that needs increasing so an increase in T3 would be a better idea.

As for the antibodies, suppressing TSH helps reduce antibodies, and T3 generally tends to lower TSH. Also, adopting a strict gluten free diet helps reduce antibodies. Supplementing with selenium L-selenomethionine 200mcg daily also helps reduce antibodies (and helps with conversion of T4 to T3 too).

• Thank you, that's what I thought, maybe I will just add the T3 for now and add selenium

• Is there a brand of Selenium that you can recommend? I'm in the USA, so I would order from Amazon.

• The only one I would recommend is Cytoplan but I don't know if you can get it there, you may be able to buy direct from them but I've no idea of shipping charges. It doesn't have the unpleasant odour that a lot of selenium supplements can have, and it's a nice small tablet.

cytoplan.co.uk/selenium?sqr...

• Thank you!

You may also like...