Repetitive Colds - Any advice please?

Hi, I have been having repetitive colds since the beginning of December and it is now my 3rd cold since then. I had been feeling really well all of last year and after my last blood test in February when my TSH was 2.29, I had an increase in my Levothyroxine from 75mcg to 100mcg.

Is the immune system lowered when taking Levothyroxine?

I don't normally get a cold and if I do, it's normally over with quite quickly. The last 3 colds I have had since December have been quite bad and seem to take some getting over.

Is there anything that I could/should be doing to ensure optimal health? I have been 100% gluten free for over a year.

I have Hashimotos. I take Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Vitamin B12 and B complex. Thanks

Many thanks

Last edited by

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Jillycee,

You could take 1,000mcg vitamin C to support immune system. When you feel a cold starting you can double or triple dose until the cold resolves.

• Thank you Clutter. Am I ok to take this along with all other vitamins or should they be taken separate from each other? Thanks

• Jillycee,

You can take vitC with other supplements and medicines.

• That you Clutter. I will go out and purchase straight away :) This dose is ok to take everyday of the year with no side effects? I presume you can't overdose on it?

• Jillycee,

You can over dose on anything but you're not likely to overdose on <4,000mcg vitC. A common side effect is loose bowels. Reduce dose if this happens.

• Excellent, thank you so much Clutter.

• Olive Leaf extract is said to be a good immune booster, have a google and see what you think.

• Thank you Joyia. I've never heard of this but it sounds fantastic!! I have googled it and there doesn't seem to be any negative reviews of it. I presume this is ok to take with Levothyroxine and Vitamins without any negative effects? What sort of dose do you take please? Thanks

• I just take a full stopper as advised on the bottle with a little water. I also take levo and vitamins although I do spread them out a bit during the day but not after six as I do not want to be kept awake as I think a lot of vitamins make you more alert unless of course they are specific for helping sleep.

• Excellent, thank you Joyia, I will give it a try

You may also like...