Looking for advice on how and when to raise dose?

Hello again everyone,

I've decided to self-medicate. I'm being careful, slow, and will be taking blood tests every couple of months to track Ft4 and Ft3 as well as tsh.

My last tests (a month ago) were:

TSH: ~2

Ft4: 12.0 (12.2-22)

Ft3: 3.1 (3.1-6.8)

I bought Nature Throid, which states that each grain is 65mg. I've been taking half a grain daily (split into two and taken throughout the morning) for 2 weeks and 4 days. I don't feel anything yet, nor do I expect to. When would you suggest I raise my dose? And how gradually would you suggest I raise it?

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer,

Emma

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey, thanks for your reply - if you're looking for help for yourself though I would suggest writing a post from scratch, as I doubt many people will read other people's comments!

• Emstar1982,

You could raise by 1/2 grain (30mg) now and again in 2 weeks. Stick at 2 grains for 6 weeks and have a thyroid test including FT3 before increasing further.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you so much, Clutter, for your response. I will do exactly that and keep good track :)

You may also like...