High antibodies

Hello there everyone ,

We are all worried about our thyroid disorders here !

Nevertheless I wish anyone good health .

I got hypothyroidism since 2008 I was on 50 mg euthyrox and my doctor increased doze to 100 mg without showing or giving me reasons.

However I started having heart palpitations recently and went back to him , done the blood test again , they sent me for nuclear scan without having any abnormalities ( pain, swelling ) .

Luckily one staff guided me to do a normal scan before you do the nuclear scan .

I did the Normal scan nothing was there nothing there, so with this report went back to " my dr " and put the report on his face he was shocked.

He said well we will reduce the dose to 75 mg .

My heart palpitations continued.

I called him back after several days he said reduce 3 days 75 mg and 4 days 50 mg.

I stopped going to him after following him With such trust for all this years .

I went to another Endo consultant who reduced my doze to totally to 50 mg !

The heart palpitations stopped but my antibodies are still very high ?

How can I reduce that ?

I already started some vitamins like selenium , garlic and omega 3 plus vitamin D 10.000 every week .

Are those helping ?

Thank you .

Wish you all well .

P.s I'm planning to have a baby do you think it's going to affect the fetus ?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the forum, Camellia.

High thyroid antibodies means you have autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's). 100% gluten-free diet may help reduce Hashi flares, symptoms and antibodies.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

It's Hashimoto's which has caused your hypothyroidism and may be causing a fluctuation in your symptoms requiring dose adjustments. Thyroid levels should be measured 6-8 weeks after any dose adjustment to check that dose is sufficient and not too much.

UK Recommendations for women planning conception are that TSH should be in the low-normal range 0.4-2.0 with FT4 in the upper range as high TSH may make conception difficult. Levothyroxine dose is usually increased by 25-50mcg when pregnancy is confirmed to ensure good foetal development. The risk of miscarriage increases when TSH is >2.0.

Hashimoto's can cross the placenta. You'll find more information on pregnancy and Hashimoto's on hypothyroidmom.com

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you so much Clutter

😢

This is what I mostly read .

Can this vitamins selenium, omega 3 vitamin D exposing rectify the Hushimoto disease ?

• The main thing that people do to try and reduce their antibody count is to adopt a gluten free diet.

• Not to my knowledge, Camellia. Gluten-free diet is probably the most helpful thing you can do but it may not eradicate Hashimoto's. Selenium can certainly improve thyroid function. If you have low/ vitamin D supplementing until vitD is around 100 nmol/L is a good idea.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Gluten free diet is very hard !

Hope can implement it !

You may also like...