E and U blood tests = "slightly out of range?"

Hi,

Just been told (over the telephone) that my e and u blood tests results are "slightly out of range". I have not got a copy of my results yet. Can anybody explain why this is please? I am taking NDT, Vit B12, Vit D and Vit C, I have recently seen Dr P and take NAX twice a day..........I think I need to take more of this............still feeling awfully tired........

Regards,

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Gillandandy, this link explains what U&Es are and why they're tested labtestsonline.org.uk/under...

• Hello gillanddandy,

Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, calcium, bicarbonate , magnesium, chloride, and a few more.

An electrolyte panel is sometimes done to screen for any electrolyte or acid-base imbalance (the body's balance between acidity and alkalinity) and to check the effect of treatment on a known imbalance that is disrupting the proper bodily function of an organ.

Inbalances can mean chronic illness within the body.

Flower

• Hi U`s and E`s slightly out of range probably does not matter it depends what they are. Not thyroid related, may be a urine infection. They are kidney function tests.

Jackie

You may also like...