Hashi's Flare?

I have been doing extremely well on NDT for a year. Two weeks ago I got sick, then fell down the stairs and since then everything is going crazy. I have seen my doctor, chiropractor, massage therapist and no one can figure out why I am in extreme pain, not sleeping, feeling lethargic, constipated and just generally horrible. I thought I had gotten my life back and now it is all crashing down. It is now 4 in the morning and I have been up for the last two hours. The pain meds and muscle relaxers are not doing anything other than making me more lethargic. Any suggestions? I am on Vitamin D 10,000iu, ferritin, b12, adrenal support, and NDT. Is this a Hashi's flare that I just need to ride out?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • When you say you got sick, do you mean you had a virus? I can only say that I too was doing well until about 6 weeks ago. I had a virus that has totally crashed me. Aching all over, no energy, spaced out. Been going on for weeks with no sign of an end yet. I don't have Hashis - but I just think some viruses upset the system somehow and cause a relapse of whatever underlying conditions we have.

No proof of that, just a gut feeling.

• Yes, I had a nasty virus. Thanks rosetree.

• ((( Asmile4u ))) It could be a Hashi flare but it is more likely that your body is producing less T3 to enable your body to recover from the virus and that would make you feel lethargic.

• Thanks Clutter. I will just wait and see.

You may also like...