WILL STEROIDS AFFECT MY BLOOD TESTS ? on 125/150 mcg levo

also why am I feeling so damned good/sharp??

Got what I thought was just a bit of a cold start of feb,Turned into chest infection had antibiotics and an inhaler -did not do much so Dr gave me 30mg per day of prednisolone divided into 6 doses -should finish on thursday but Endo's appointment on 14th so not much time to get it out my system-what would be the latest date do you think I can get bloods done?

free t3

free t4

tsh

bone

urea and electrolytes

liver function tests

full blood count

Thanks in advance.

Blue.x

Last edited by

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Blue,

Don't often hear people saying they feel good on here :-D

Steroid hormones may interfere with TSH &/or FT4 but I don't know how long they take to clear your system.

Drugs affecting TSH/FT4 are about half way down this article thyroidresearchjournal.com/...

• Hiya Clutter,

Thanks very much for the info!

So worried I'm feeling good because my adrenals are getting an unexpected boost from the steroids-everything seems

brighter -eyesight is sharper everything tastes better too!-although they are keeping me awake.

I am currently fighting Endo to maintain current dose of levo so was hoping may show a rise in TSH level.

Do you have any idea of the usual turnaround time for these tests above?

Cheers

Blue.x

• Your list would be turned around in 24 hours at my GP surgery and the endo hospital I think. It is possible for TFT to be done in a couple of hours.

Remember no thyroid meds until after the test and have blood drawn before 9.00am as TSH is highest then.

I hope you continue to feel well :)

• Thankyou very much for your help.

Blue.x

You may also like...