Hello! I'm a newbie!

Hi everyone! 2 1/2 years ago I was initially diagnosed stage 4 breast cancer. Tomorrow I start my 5th treatment. Latest scan showed lung mets which have caused severe breathing problems. Starting Abraxane tomorrow along with Herceptin which I've been on since the beginning. I would welcome any comments from those who are currently on or have taken Abraxane. This will be my first taxane drug. Previously on Perjeta, Navelbine, Kadcyla and Xeloda. Thanks everyone!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I took Abraxane. It's the only chemo I've done so I have nothing to compare it to. I had a lot of side effects, but all were tolerable with medications. The biggies were pain in joints from head to toe and nausea. After the 4th round, I started having blurry vision from dehydration in my eyes and getting mouth sores. I drank a lot of water and nothing caffeinated during chemo so I don't think I could have prevented it. They told me to use over the counter gel drops, which helped. I did 6 rounds total (every 3rd week). If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them. The best news is that it was very effective!! I had liver, bone, and neck tissue mets.

• Thanks for the info! Glad you had success. Good luck to you!

• Hi Msmith1059! Check out MaryPerry's post-- she's also been on Abraxane

You may also like...