Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Heart Attack

Finally

We went to cardiologist yesterday. An he said all tests seem ok, but not sure why terry is still so tired an irritable, He said there maybe a neurological problem an are now making mri appointment. I have been saying for ages that things weren’t right. The cardiologist said it’s probably because the lack of oxygen at the time of sca in march. Has anyone else. Experienced this.

Thank you

6 Replies
oldestnewest

We have yet to see a cardiologist following cardiac arrest in July but we have seen a neurologist and had an MRI, still waiting for the results tho. Ds symptoms are tiredness (which is normal and a side effect of statins and not sleeping welll) along with limb shakiness which causes falls and inability to walk down the stairs. He can get snappy quickly as well. So apart from the limbs sounds like yours is doing the same as mine!

Yes I think it is love, it’s hard to cope sometimes isn’t it, I have taken your advise an had time on my own recently and it felt good. I wish we went out together though. He says we can’t afford it as we on benefits at the mo, I had to give my job up while he was on hospital as I couldn’t be in both places an the doctors at one point gave him 3-5 days to live. I believe though he is going done hill he doesn’t really get out of bed an if he does then he sleeps on sofa. So I have to sit in silence then.

Sending my love to you

KARON

Hang in there, try and get him out even for a walk round the block. Is he doing the cardio rehab classes? He should have been offered these. You could then use the time to go for a coffee.

1 like

Thank you, an yes he did love going to rehab we didn’t start til 6weeks ago as he has not been well enough. I do take the time to have a walk or a cuppa. But alas I can’t even get him to meetings anymore. As we speak he is in bed an has told me he is having a rest day but every day is the same

1 like

Oh yeah. As you posted "because the lack of oxygen at the time of sca" is most likely the reason. Has anyone ever talked with you about him sustaining a brain injury as a result and all the related symptoms and treatments for that. Being tired and irritable all the time are also symptoms one would experience as a result of sustaining a brain injury. I sustained an anoxic brain injury as a result of lack of oxygen with surviving cardiac arrest. You may want to check this out : headway.org.uk/search/?Sear...

2 likes

Thank you again you have been very helpful.

1 like

You may also like...