Kratom - the Holy Grail of RLS?

I know I have experienced that for the first time in my life this year, (I'm in my mid 40's), the ability to sit at rest and to have my RLS symptoms completely - COMPLETELY removed.

After Miripexin, Tramadol, Comedienne, L-Dopa, stopping alcohol/nicotine/caffeine, Magnesium, Potassium and Iron supplements and a variety of home remedies I found Kratom. It is a is a tropical tree in the coffee family that has been used for medicinal purposes:

I am recommending this to everyone/anyone with RLS as to take something that so dramatically removes my RLS and allows me to sit still, (never thought I would be able to do that!), to lie in bed and even though I may not sleep I can rest, (and man that feels amazing), is the most beautiful experience I have had in my life!!

It is not legal everywhere, although it is much much safer than any of the prescription drugs used to treat RLS:

I would recommend reading up on it and trying it for yourselves.

Read, learn, rest!!

17 Replies

• the page you linked....think I'll pass, thanks, but all information helps, it's up to the individual to research it and decide for themselves if they want to take it further...

• Hi Eileenk, what was it you read that made you 'pass' form my reading?

It is a much safer drug than the Tramadol or Mirapexin that people on here will all be familiar with!

• Anyone who has it severe would want to try it, Ropinerole makes me sleep, kratom stills the legs but alert, it's a miracle for me

• This has been posted before on the forum, not sure by who. I read the original post and didnt like what i read about this stuff. It would be illegal in the UK anyway.

• No not illegal in the UK I live in the UK and recieved some of it a month ago. Some info here:

From my use of it I have found it to be a god send - as said to have for the first time in my life true relief without all the terrible side-effects is amazing.

The Mirapexin I tried made me want to die and the resulting exacerbation of symptoms has made life more difficult. Wish I had of heard of Kratom first :(

• Still not interested.

• I'm not trying to force this on you, just trying to foster debate, maybe get others to read and bring some education my way!

Have you any particular aversion to the Kratom or is it all substances that aren't provided by a DR?

• Weed isnt legal in the UK which you would of course know. But i have tried it in the past and it didnt help my RLS. So no, not got an aversion to stuff that a doctor wouldnt give. But do have an aversion to that stuff you are taking. I dont like the sound of it, the side effects of it or anything about it. So, for me the debate is over.

• With the cannabis, did you try differing strains? I have found that some strains do nothing for my RLS while others help a bit, (although none offer complete respite).

Would like to research into hemp oil but not a good time at present.

Thanks for your reply btw. What of the side effects did you not like the sound of?

• We're doesn't relieve RLS, I have taken Mirapex and Clonazepam and Ropinerole, All those knock me out. I can't take them during the day, for DAYTIME RLS this is the only possible relief I have found, Let me know if there is a daytime non drowsy method other than Kratom.

• Which type do you use for rls don't want to feel high just. Help me rest from the rls

• I have tried several strains and cannot tell the difference in them - I generally go for a Bali one.

I have never been high on it, (like yourself I don't want to get high I want relief).

As I have read if you take a small dose it energises, a larger dose sedates. I took about 7.5 grams in a single dose around 6pm so as to let me be as comfortable as possible for as long as possible, (lasted about 6 hrs and the RLS pain was well under control even 10 hours after this but the legs were restless after about 6hrs). I only took the one dose to get over the worst time.

• Which type please

• Me too, the ONLY herbal treatment, lifesaver

• Has anyone in the UK bought any Kratom since the new travesty of psychoactive substances legislation was introduced? I have some stockpiled and could do with using it at times but am holding on as i fear I'll not be able to get more :(

For all of us under British rule technically we can no longer drink tea and coffee as they are both psychoactive substances!!!!!

• As it so happens the reason I'm on this site at all is because I'm currently trying to stop using Kratom (found this thread while researching) and one of the withdrawal symptoms is extreme restlessness. I don't have RLS so I'm just posting this as a warning, Kratom can be extremely addicting and the lack of serious side effects from use make it all the more appealing to continue using. If you're one of those people who can use it only when needed, props to you and shouldn't be a problem. However, if you struggle to use addictive substances sparingly, exercise caution as I can only imagine that since I don't have RLS and am experiencing this much restlessness, it might be quote worse for someone who has the actual condition.

• Many substances are addictive/habit forming - can I ask was your Kratom use medicinal or recreational? Many have used Kratom to come off stronger opioids:

Also many of the drugs were use to treat the RLS such as Oxycodone, Methadone and codeine are all much more addictive!

As you say sensible precautions should be used ALWAYS with any substance.

Good luck in getting straight

You may also like...