Sharing my condition : I’m 17 male.Sorry for... - Quit Support

Quit Support
13,006 members22,579 posts

Sharing my condition

Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
14 Replies

I’m 17 male.Sorry for being inactive for a long time.

According to my personal tracking, I'm

5 months smoke free and 2000 cigarettes

non-smoked. I didn’t experience this kind of rapid heart beat when I first quit. I just had cough with some phlegm. But these days I’m experiencing shortness of breath and a rapid heartbeat that I haven’t experienced it before.

Is this normal? Or am I in a serious situation?

Thinking of you amazing quitters and good luck with your smoke free journey.

14 Replies
oldestnewest
jillygirl
jillygirlAdministrator

hi Hayashi, It sounds like you have been having a panick attack. If you were not so young I would have said Copd. however it could be you have a chest infection. Either way please get checked out with your doctor. Meanwhile try some deep breathing exercises to calm you down. :)

2 likes
Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
in reply to jillygirl

I’m not having irregular sleep patterns these days and got a stuffy nose. I’ve thought about having a regular sleep pattern and some early morning exercises... thank you so much for your reply I do feel the love <3

1 like
Corrina125
Corrina125Administrator

Hi Hayashi, good to hear from you and well done on achieving 5 months quit, you must be so proud.

Are you anxious about anything at the moment, that could be the reason for the shortness of breath and rapid heartbeat. I would suggest breath exercises and meditation, are a good way of calming down.

4 likes
Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
in reply to Corrina125

I’m going through some undiagnosed mental issues and feeling scared of my vivid dreams. I’ve planned to sleep in regular pattern and have some early morning exercises.

I have been eating unhealthy and poor hours sleep ...

1 like
Corrina125
Corrina125Administrator
in reply to Hayashi269

You're doing the right thing Hayashi, sleep is so important, make sure you drink plenty of water as well and the morning exercise will definitely do you the world of good👍👍😊😊

3 likes
Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
in reply to Corrina125

Thanks Corrina.

Even though the symptoms are really hard to cope, I love being a non smoker. I’ll surely change my lifestyle and do healthy things <3

Corrina125
Corrina125Administrator
in reply to Hayashi269

I think it would be a good idea and a step in the right direction to see your Doctor about your health concerns, for your peace of mind.

2 likes
tubby54
tubby54Administrator

Hi Hayashi, it's good to hear from you. That 5 months badge looks really good beside your name.

I agree with Corrina and jillygirl try doing some breathing exercises and meditation. Make sure you drink plenty of water as it's very important for both our physical and mental state.

If you're worried have a word with your doctor.

Stay focused, you are doing really well.🚭👍👏💪

3 likes
Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
in reply to tubby54

Thank You tubby

1 like
Briarwood
BriarwoodAdministrator

Hi Hayashi, great to hear from you and 5 months smoke free is fantastic, well done👏🏼👏🏼 So proud of you👍🏼

So glad you’re loving being a non smoker🚭✅

Lots of good advice already so I’ll just say look after yourself and hope you feel better soon. Lots of fresh fruit and veg🍎🍌🍐🍉🍇🥦🥕🌽😉

Take care and let us know how you get on💕😘

3 likes
Hayashi269
Hayashi2698 MONTH WINNER
in reply to Briarwood

thanks B

i'll change my lifestyle

sleeping patterns, healthy diet, regular exercises...

2 likes
Sara_2611
Sara_2611LONG TERM WINNER

congrats on 5 moths smoke free firstly . I can only echo the advice of my fellow members & say make an appointment with your doctor & discuss it

Ive got an infection -possibly a inflammation in my lungs because Everytime I breathe all I can hear is rattle rattle & sometimes small coughs that bring up green phlegm & sometimes its just similar to clearing my throat & I m spitting up phlegm

1 like
JokaIla

Hi Hayashi, I'm there with you! Panic attacks inducing tacchycardic feelings. My body feels like it's quivering a lot. It'll be ok. The rat poison leaves as your body feels it's ready. Reach out to me as you'd like. I'm on 5 months too. :)

1 like

You may also like...