I made it to my first month!

...Cant believe I made it this far - happy beyond all words. Did this 'cold turkey' and have not had the urge at all to look at a cigarette!

I have put on just a few pounds and I love that too, feel great and full of energy. Still eating well, and enjoying Yoga!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I was dubious about joining a support group but will say I pop in from time to time, read other stories and replies and it really helps to travel the same path with others looking for that final destination of A SMOKE FREE LIFE!

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi ella,.. that is a fantastic effort and especially cold turkey :) :)

It sure sounds like you are very much in control of your quit and that is awesome :) :)

Just keep your guard up as Mr Nic tends to show his ugly head when you least expect it :D

Keep up the fantastic quit you have going there Ella and feel very proud of your achievement :) :)

• Hi Glolin - thank you - I've been pretty tough with myself this time. I've given up what little alcohol I used to drink and cut out caffeine (as these were my smoking trigger). I have always been a 'social butterfly' so am still out - just without the smoke. So far, so happy and yes my guard is still there should it be required.

Roll on month two I say!

Have a lovely day xx

• I quit cold turkey too and have never looked back. I have never been a big drinker so that wasn't a concern for me either. Coffee was never going to be easy to quit but i certainly have cut down to less than half what i was drinking.

Having your head in the right space certainly makes it easier to stay in control. I very rarely get an urge for a cigarette and if i do, it last a few seconds only :) :)

I am loving seeing all the newer members reaching milestones :) :)

• ....starting to smoke was the biggest mistake of my life! But stopping is indeed the very best decision I have ever made. I've been fortunate that my skin has not been damaged by that nasty habit....just my weight, which I am happy to say is now as it should be as when I smoked I hardly ate...!

No urge. No looking back. Life is meat to be travelled forwards and that is what I am doing - without the box of B&H devils in my handbag.....

Thanks again - time for me to have a little snack!

• Well done Ella that new badge really suits you,that's a great quit you have got going on there.....Well done πŸ˜€

• I'm wearing my badge with pride! Thank you!!!

• Way hayyyy Ella, thats just fantastic news gal :) :) am doing a bum wiggle dance for ya rite now :o :D :D Hmmmmm, am getting some rite funny looks off my cat :o :|

cassam.co.uk/wp-content/upl...

You hold your head up high and be proud of your achievement :) and enjoy feeling great and full of energy :) Its just magic int it :) :)

Take care now and stay focused and positive :)

• Hi Ella, wow cold turkey one month quit, your a star :-)

Keep that possativity, x :-)

• Thanks everyone - Im so very happy - onwards I say! xxx

• Congrats Ella, keep us psoted on this one. I personally, would like to hear on how you over come nicotine withdrawal (i'm 2 months smoke free). I'm currently suffering on that one (not to scare you or anything).

Let is continue to support everyone here in this community. God bless! :)

• Hi Tristan - My withdrawal symptoms have not been that bad - in the beginning I had terrible headaches and couldn't sleep but luckily that passed after just a week. I have given up on many occasions but this is the first time I feel I may last the long run. I have no urge at all - nothing!

Well done on your two months - its early days for us all but if we keep in touch and continue to encourage each other I'm sure we'll all get there :)

You may also like...