Why do I feel anxious?: Hi Well for those that... - Quit Support

Quit Support

14,653 members25,083 posts

Why do I feel anxious?

ukpete
ukpete3 YEAR WINNER

Hi

Well for those that know me will know that I am battling with insomnia, well the past couple of nights Ive had some quality sleep and it was really good, tonight I had a feeling of anxiety and I reckon I’ll be up all night but it’s not as bad as what I’ve had in the past month or so.

It’s like my brain is trying to have a little battle with me! But like I said this anxiety feeling I’ve got now is nowhere near as bad as it has been, which makes me think I’m winning the battle,

So I thought I’d write a post on here because without you all I doubt I would of done this and now I’ve nearly finished writing this my anxiety has calmed down.

So it’s good night from me and thanks for listening

Pete xx

9 Replies
Hidden
Hidden

You are doing just fine Pete, you may have a good night tonight after all, let's hope about this!

jillygirl
jillygirlAdministrator

Goodnight Pete, sweet dreams. :) xx

Lornacs
Lornacs3 YEAR WINNER

Goodnight Pete, sleep tight! 😴😘Xx

Rhinette
Rhinette10 MONTH WINNER

Hope you had a good night, Pete. I slept like a log last night. 😊

Arizona-
Arizona-26 Months Winner

Thankyou for the inspiration 😊. So glad your quit is getting a little easier ! I’m struggling but it’s stress not withdrawal symptoms ,

We can do this!!!!!

ukpete
ukpete3 YEAR WINNER in reply to Arizona-

Thank you for your comment, to think I have given you inspiration makes me happy, although last night I was awake feeling anxious and stressed for no reason but I got through it. I actually felt that I would rather have a cigarette so long as I could get some sleep.

Well I didn’t cave in and I got through it, I find it hard to tell the loved ones near me what I’m going through maybe because I don’t want them to worry, yet I find this friendship we all have on here has helped me and made me stronger.

I will be here as long as you need someone to talk to anytime, your not alone

Take care

Pete

Arizona-
Arizona-26 Months Winner in reply to ukpete

It’s 7 am here. I’ve been up since 4am. Grrr. I think I’m going to try to get an hour in if possible. My lack of sleep is not from quitting just a lifetime challenge But I understand what you’re going through. Hang in there😊

ukpete
ukpete3 YEAR WINNER

I know the 4am feeling, I was the same myself last night, I’ve got to be up early tomorrow so I’m trying not to have a sleep today, I find it hard after a meal I do feel tired then,

I feel like this insomnia/ anxiety has taken over but I suppose it can only get better, and yes we can do this together

Enjoy your sleep

Pete x

louloubelll
louloubelll3 YEAR WINNER

It will get better! It’s been 54 days for me and every night I wake up early with anxiety. It started a 2am, now it’s 4:30am. So it’s getting a little better.i am going to talk to my dr. And see if he has any suggestions.

You may also like...