2 weeks today!!

Hi all!

Well, at 9pm tonight it will be 2 weeks since my last cigarette! I have got my appointment at the doctors today, to see whether the carbon monoxide in my breath has gone down. Has anyone else done this? What kind of a difference can i expect to see over 2 weeks? If any at all?

I also had a big achievement on saturday. I went out drinking. I had A LOT to drink, but yet i didnt have one puff. I remember getting a bit nervous as i was getting ready, and told the people i was with that i expected them to help me and slap it out of my hand if they saw me with one (which clearly shows i didnt have much faith in myself!). But they didnt need to! I have my vape all night and was fine :) my vape only has 0.6mg of nicotine in it, so i am extremely proud of myself.

Thank you to each and everyone one of you for helping me get this far, you are all my heroes :D

Jess xxxx

19 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Carry on Jess your doing super. :) xx

• Thanks jilly, i feel amazing and so proud of myself. my next goal is to get to 4 weeks :) xx

• Aww thanks jilly your the best :D xxxxx

• Aup Jess, 2 weeks now gal :) WHOOOOOOPY DOOOOOOPY DOOOOOOO :) :) :)

Am just loving it and I toooo am sooooo PROUD of you :) :) You just keep letting mr nic in the front door and let him straight out of the back door eh :) :)

Take care now :)

• Thanks Pete, I am properly chuffed with myself :D

Went to the docs and mr carbon monoxide reading has gone for 17 to 2! Awesome :D xxx

• Yaaaay JessπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

You went out drinking and you never lit upπŸ‘πŸ»

Alcohol is getting less and less a trigger for me but I still have to watch it

You're doing awesome

Spring is almost here too so your mood will improve plus you'll be a non smoker

Lots to look forward to🌻🌺🌷🌻🌺🌷🌷

• Thanks Arizona, yeah it wasn't as hard as I thought. At least i know next time to have a little faith in myself :) I can do this I know it :D

• Well done I'm seeing my stop smoking adviser now I'm chuffed u didn't smoke when u went out that really is an achievement πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ carry on WE ALL CAN DO THIS 😜

• Thanks Ryan! It felt so good waking up on the morning with just a fuzzy head, and not a furry, dry mouth that tastes like an ashtray and my throat sore from smoking a whole 20 pack in the space of 5 hours lol! :) I am well happy :D NOPE NOPE NOPE :D

• I've been awake nearly

All night craving bad I haven't had one but boy I come close I ain't even craved for 5 days and I agree with waking up fresh and not like an ashtray lol 😊 If I'm not

On here today i will be sleeping all day lol GOOD LUCk πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

• Hey Ryan. Not pleasant for the craving to be keeping you up all night..how you doing now? I know you had some sort of NRT?? How have they been working for you? Or not? Keep sharing out, there's people on here with a lot of experience of all sorts of different paths to quitting and remaining quit. All the best

• It was awful but I didn't give in 😊 I keep telling myself I can have one if I want but I CHOOSE NOT TO πŸ˜ƒ I have a nicotine patch they are working excellent I ain't been having my micro tabs cuz I thought the cravings had gone but I've carried on taking them as from last night 😊

• Not sure what micro tabs are? I've been using NRT gum, 1st NRT that has been a success. In the last 2 weeks have noticed that reducing and just trusting the flow...Worst case scenario; when they eventually go to the wayside I'll keep some about for any charged urges. They work and have played a key part in the quit. It was like a break through to be honest, the NRT I tried before didn't work. I was too ridged in my mind set, trying to go cold turkey with no support in place-I see it all now as a bluff for any ole' reason to relapse. This time is different, my abstinence is precious to me, my breath an ally - The process ever unfolding. Hang in there Ryan, this too shall pass, one way or the other it has to! :O)

• Good luck to you as well you little star :) xx

• Thanks Hun! Wooooo :D

• Well done on two weeks Jess that's brilliant 🍻🍺🍾

• Thanks andrew, 2 weeks, pah, feels more like 2 months lol but its all for a good cause ;) well done on 3 months lovely! :) xx

You may also like...