4th time 😊

So after my Dad had a heart attack this Valentine's Day ,I decided to give chap ax yet another go .Quit day is Friday always find it hard around the 5/6 week mark always thinking I haven't had a fag ,not surprising I've smoked for 35 years ,fed up of paying out for fags now plus getting out of breath to quick,can anyone help me ,on what I can do to stop me thinking about smoking 😌😌

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you bevie . You can do it. Make sure you prepare I.e medications or whatever replacement you plan to use. I too have smoked 35 years and tried several times failing all the time. This time I will not give in . The support from here is fabulous and will help you lots. Take 1 day at a time, don't think yo far ahead. It's tough I know but we can do it :) good luck here to chat x

• Thank you so much think family and friends are fed up with me trying so only people who know are my sister and husband doing champix for the fourth time 😌 It's getting past the 6 week mark its the habit part good luck to you too

• Thanks Bevie ha ha I know what you mean my family just looked at me and said again we will see :) let's prove them wrong . Yes it is a habit and has become part of our lives , so it's a tough ride we are on. I am on the e cig , tabs and everything else failed, just finding the right prop so to speak. We can and will do it this time :) :) x

• Can you just take a brisk walk instead of taking a smoke break? That will occupy your time, and get your blood flowing. And soon after your quit you'll notice the improvement in your breathing.

I have found I feel better, smell better, look better...its win win win! I was almost at 30 yrs myself and quit cold turkey. My husband also quit cold turkey. He now HATES to be around it, the smell disgusts him. Ha - isn't that funny? Ha

Surround yourself with nonsmokers?

Def check out this site for tricks and hints and helps!

Good luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Cheers,

Coco

• Hi coco, wish I could surround myself with non smokers, all my work colleagues are smokers . Downside of being a social worker :( . That doesn't really bother me this time I will go out with them for fresh air only :) I love walking and once my caravan opens in march will be there every weekend walking for miles can't wait :) you and your husband are so strong going cold turkey wow what an achievement :) well done I know I couldn't do that, tried and lasted a day :( I know what your husband feels like I hate the smell of cigs on people now , never noticed on myself , but sure I did stink lol. Determined this time never lasted nearly a month :) :)

You may also like...