60 days quit!

Hello to all. Have now made it 60 days without a cig! After 3 weeks completely nicotine free, had some problems with depression. To avoid going back to real smoking decided to try ecig. It has worked for me! Feel a little bit quilty for it, but trying to remember that it's better than real smoking. Would like to get off these also at some point. But for now, I am good with it. After 40 yrs I thought it would never happen.

Kathy

18 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I too am using an e cig. I stopped 3 1/2 weeks ago. I intend to reduce the amount of nicotine in the juice over a period of time. I know people say it's not the same as stopping and you do not know the damage inside these do but I believe that they can't be as bad as a cig and there is no horrible smell!

Well done and keep it up!

• well done. I am smoke free for 10days now. Going through the cringe. E-cigs can be an option to curb the urge. Have you tried nicotine patches or pills?

Keep up!

• Hiya bugdoctor and welcome to quit support๐Ÿ˜Š

Congrats on 10 days quit, well done to you and things will get better๐Ÿ˜Šx

• Hi bugdoctor and welcome to quit support

Congratulations on your 10 day quit :) :)

We have a wee mantra that we used around here which is

NOPE Not One Puff Ever :) :) this helps us stay focused :) :)

All the very best on your quit journey and we have a great support group her that are always ready when ever needed :) :)

• Bugdoctor - Does this make your quit date the 15th of June? Please let me know so i can add you to our wall of winners :) :) ..Thanks

• I smoked my last cig on 16th June I think. I didn't plan the quit date. One fine day, I just decided to stop right after smoking a cig.

Thanks all for appreciation.

• thanks for that, now we can make sure you get your winners badges at the right time :) :)

I kinda did the same..made the decision and that was it..no more no more ..I went cold turkey :D :D ..Looking back....i still suprise myself that i did it :) :)

• Almost at the two week mark bug doc, well done ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Haven't tried the patches this time around. The ecig is working. Will keep with them a while longer.

• Congratulations on 2 months quit Kos, terrific achievement so well done๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰

Don't feel guilty, feel very proud as it doesn't matter how you do it. You're doing it, yeah๐Ÿ˜Šx

• Well done you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ditto what Briar posted ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You're doing a great job, keep up the good work ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Xx

• Hi Kathy,

I too use an e-cig. Have managed to get down to 11mg liquid so far. I smoked for 50 years and to be honest I couldn't have managed without my e-cig! I also feel a bit guilty about using it, but its much, much better than the alternative. Good luck. The worst is over.

Jan xx

• A big congratulations Kathy on reaching 60 days.. you truly are doing awesome. :) :)

You use that e-cig for as long as you need too :) :) and be very proud of self :) :)

• 60 days is great. I stopped 9 months ago using ecigs and set myself the goal of dropping down the nicotine level ever 6 months. I'm now on the 12mg and hope to go down to 0.6 in 3 months. If you take it slowly it's not stressful. Good luck.

• Well done pammy, 9 months is flipping FANTABULOUS....way to go hun..๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Yeah, well done Pammy on 9 months, awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Šx

• Well done kos 2months is fantastic ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Thanks to all for the encouragement! Had someone offer me a cig after dinner tonight. Was very glad I had my ecig in the car. Appreciate all the support from you fine people.

You may also like...