As you are probably aware from my previous posts have had a long history of severe pain. My pain includes severe lower back pain due to 4 bulging discs in my lumber spine. The worst is L5/S1 which has a spondylolisthesis with nerve root compromise. I also suffer from very bad chronic pelvic pain including buttocks, hips, stomach, groin and suspected PNE causing very bad genital pain. The PNE also causes me issues with bladder and bowel movement.
One thing i have always struggled with is to try and explain to people or make them understand just how debilitating and life changes this condition can be.
Therefore, i am interested in other peoples interpretations of this condition and how it effects the following:
3) Mental state
5) Concentration and focus.
6) Ability to carry out simple chores such as house cleaning, washing your car or gardening, or the impact of such activities.
7) Ability to work in full demanding job role. ( I lost my full time long term job due to the affects of this condition)
8) Self Esteem
9) Ability to stay active and exercise.
10) Sleeping or finding a comfortable position.
11) Sitting (This is the most difficult for me. I get very bad pain within 30 min)
12) Driving and travelling.
13) Relationships ( I have lost two serious relationships die to my pain )
14) Sexual dysfunction ( I am able to have sex, however, not without serious increased pain, particularly in my genitals)
15) Bladder and bowel movement.
16) Muscle pain and tension.
I also struggle to try to emphasise just how severe the pain can be. My pain can get so severe sometimes it brings me to tears. I find the genital pain particularly disturbing. I can never seem to make anybody understand just how painful nerve pain and chronic pelvic pain can be, therefore, i would like to hear other peoples descriptions.
I also feel very isolated and lonely due to the vast lack of understanding of this condition not only by friends and family but even by doctors.
I am visiting my local MP on 15th June 2012 and would really like to get some other peoples views and experiences with this condition. I am going to ask her if she can help me to push for more understanding, help and research in this condition. It may be futile but i am going to try.