Does anyone else have a bowel prolapse? - Pelvic Pain Suppo...

Pelvic Pain Support Network

17,841 members β€’ 5,319 posts

Does anyone else have a bowel prolapse?

Heartof3 profile image
Heartof3
β€’32 Replies

Do you find the pain worse after eating? The pressure pain in my pelvis & back is awful πŸ˜–

32 Replies
β€’
Jacey1 profile image
Jacey1

Hi, I have a bowel prolapse too. I don't have pain just tremendous pressure so I'm almost constantly aware of it. It must be very difficult to have pressure pain too. I hope you are seeing a gynaecologist and that they can help you. I have another hospital appointment in February to figure out if I should have a pessary or an operation. Frankly I dread both and despite the horrible inconvenience I'd rather just live with it. But I'd probably feel differently if I had pressure pain.

Heartof3 profile image
Heartof3 in reply to Jacey1

Thank you so much for your reply πŸ™ It's awful isn't it.

I constantly feel like I need a poo (sorry tmi)

I hope your appointment goes well & you get a good plan of action for you in February.

I had a posterior repair, just over 2 years ago, but sadly it's failed & instead of pressure & buldging in my lady area, it's now in my bottom 😣

I've been referred back, back will probably be a long ass wait - excuse the pun πŸ™Š

Jacey1 profile image
Jacey1 in reply to Heartof3

I agree, it is awful. You've obviously not lost your sense of humour despite the pain. Your long ass wait has given me a laugh. Thank you! I hope you get an appointment soon.

Heartof3 profile image
Heartof3 in reply to Jacey1

If we don't laugh , we cry, aye!Thank you.

My inbox is always open if you ever need a chat x

Jacey1 profile image
Jacey1 in reply to Heartof3

Thank you. That's so kind and I'll be back I'm sure x

MOLLYMILO007 profile image
MOLLYMILO007 in reply to Heartof3

Hi I'm the same I had a bladder prolapse repair last Feb not even a year he did a posterier and anterior repair but I feel the posterier has failed as I get very bad pressure in.my bum like I need to go also wind..I'm so dissapointed and fed up as I went private so paid alot at spire..I think I have noticed something in my vagina below my anus so I think it's a entrocele...honest I'm depressed as though I had solved this ...I've gone bk on my hrt to strenghten my pelvic floor and started using my kegal 8 everyday again..I've got a private app with my gynie in Feb i was doing great for 9 months then had really bad constipation and pushed so hard I bleed badly ...any advise girls x

Heartof3 profile image
Heartof3 in reply to MOLLYMILO007

Oh, bless you πŸ˜” it's so disheartening isn't it.

Mine started again, after severe coughing with flu. Like you, I was also doing really well. It's no fair 😣

I think I'm going through perimenopause as I have lots of fitting symptoms, but my doctor said 40 is too young? So hrt will be a battle for me.

Did you find HRT helpful before? Xx

Hi there...yes hrt is a godsend I found everel conti brill...and a kegal 8 a godsend...keep in touch as it's good to talk to someone in same situ...x

Heartof3 profile image

That's good to know.Ah, thank you. You too, my inbox is always open, if you ever want to chat xxx

bluepettals2 profile image
bluepettals2 in reply to MOLLYMILO007

Β MOLLYMILO007 for anyone reading this- my lovely lady womens clinic physio who checks vag muscles told me the correct way of having a poo and it workd so you dont push or strain, first off make sure you drink enough fluid as the instestines get too dry to push poo along hence constipate THEN she said get a box, or a pack of loo rolls, i use my basket that contains the loo rolls, so that your KNEES are raised up, putfeet on the box, then put elbows on your knees, sit straigthtish not hunched and puff out your stomach and blow as if you are blowing away something, that opens up the poo channel naturally and no need to push, that will help. try it. make an appoinmnet here, πŸ™‚to see me next week to tell me how you have got on, EDITED THIS SPELLING WAS AWFUL

MOLLYMILO007 in reply to bluepettals2

Aww thanks fir that def will try that xx

sorry girls i have edited this MOLLYMILO007 should read place feet on the box or pack so that knees are raised up above, and NOT hunched not Nit hunched, elbows on knees, puff out tummy like a budda and blow...

Heartof3 profile image
Heartof3 in reply to bluepettals2

Thank you for this useful info πŸ™πŸ’“

bluepettals2 in reply to Heartof3

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5Yyui... here is animated video journey of the poo and bowel

Very interesting jx

Your just like me with sounds of it ..its nearly 12 mths since my op I thought this is great then bout of constipation and there it is prolapsed so not my bladder as before but the pressure on my bum is awful ..I'm 63 but my consultant is very pro hrt he says if you have no issues re cancer etc or family history and the pros outweighs the cons he is all for it he says he has patients in there 80s still on hrt and they get checked every 12 mths so I've gone bk on everel sequi and upped My kegal 8 to every day I swear by these I managed my bladder prolapse for 10 yrs using this and hrt and collegan so I always am.a big beleiver in pelvic floor exerciser I couldn't do the natural ones so I've had 3 kegal 8s over the years ..worth every penny ...Good luck love keep in touch x

Heartof3 profile image

Ahhh , it's such a battle, isn't it! Bloody life ruling 😣

I do my Pelvic floor exercises everyday, but they feel so weak.

It's so hard to pinpoint if the pain is weak pelvic floor, perimenopause, my prolapse or my adenomyosis. It's physically and mentally draining 😣

What pelvic floor exerciser do you have? Xxx

bluepettals2

hey ladies i too have refused bladder op 4 times as i am terrrifeid of things going wrong, an dbeing worse, i have agood surgeon but i am a poor wound healer and bleed easy, i know how you are feeling because to have surgery in that area its so personal , i wondered if i had a bowel prolapse too as well as bladder, but i dont have pelvic pain, i will look up christine kent as the lady above has mentioned, if only we knew how long we coul d live with our condition without it getting worse. i find surgeons and doctors dont really explain everything to make decisons easier.

Heartof3 profile image

Ahhh, I hear you. It's all guess work, isn't it. Never know what to do for the best. I think if it's ruling your life & you trust your surgeon, then go for it πŸ’œ

Hi there....the operation is fine honestly you have to make sure u follow their advise but after 3 months you will feel like a new woman..I'm.so fed up I feel the posterer part has failed as I thought I had sorted it all..so so fed up of that ..I'm.bk.on hrt to help with the lack of estrogen as we all know that's the reason for prolapse and I'm using myKegal 8 daily also collegan vit d etc...so I'm hoping to find some positive difference in a few weeks however I have booked an app with my gynie who did the op and if he thinks I need another op I will do as it makes a difference to your life ..I went private but I'm going to ask to go on nhs I know I will have to wait but can't afford another 6.500...no fun is it being a woman...lol...jeanette x

Β MOLLYMILO007 no and what annoys me is t hat we were tol d hrt is dangerous and cant have it but bloody hell HORMONES are needed all the time thats why we have them, never mind not giving it to us, to suffer the consequences, it i sthe after effects that scare me as i have hypermobilty , not severe like eds but still have hyermobilty and one reason why muscles get lax, i found this from addenbrooks because i was never asked what other health issues i have or do i clot or not clot, just 'bring a list of meds in'... ehlers-danlos.org/informati... i cant underline this for some reason, this is why i am dithering. i am a poor would healer and t his consultant has said there is a specofic way to stitch up.

Kirsihannele profile image
Kirsihannele in reply to bluepettals2

Thank you SO MUCH for this link. β€οΈπŸ™ I have hypermobility and obviously Elders-Danfos syndrome as well. I have all the symptoms, also local anesthetia takes long to work. Never made the connection before, but this is utterly important, because I'm afraid I'm going to need a surgery because of prolapsed bowel. It seems some doctors don't really care, they just operate - do their trick thinking it's enough... Simply don't care of the consequences of their floppy work and the patients pay the price of their ruined health.

Thanks to your information I'm now wiser when choosing the surgeon, I have an insurance thank God.

bluepettals2 in reply to Kirsihannele

Β Kirsihannele you are welcome very welcome indeed, because i am also wondering if i have aprolapse bowel for a start hypermobilty is lax muscles, so no wonder we have dropped organs , i have declined 4 times an di know they are all pissed off with me, i have a lovely bowel surgeon which i saw for a different reason but when i had to fill in a questionaire, i added that i wasnt sure if i had a bowel prolapse or haemorrrid or excess skin so, the senior nurse rings and really talked down to me, i felt so intimidated, her attitude was down right rude and abrasive-- its bad enough having bladder and bowel problems without being spoken to like shite--

well have you been to the gp to see if you have bowel proplapse?

well no i havent!

WHY havent you? i suugest to go the doctors and then ringme back!

with all due respects she should have made me appt with the surgeon. i am sick of their so called 'caring' attitude and i find some male consultants are far nicer than female ones! one of my fears is because i am such a poor wound healer, i have said so many times but it goes ignored so i am taking this print to my gp tuesday to explain some of my fears, and say sorry but can you look at my bum!- that is not her job really is to decide?

Heartof3 profile image

I can totally relate to everything you have hust said! I'm also sick of the way these so-called professionals talk to us, as if we're not feeling crap enough. It's just awful. I have also had better experiences with males than females. It's crazy, isn't it!

You're not alone bluepettals2 πŸ’– xxx

Heartof3 hugs to you too, can we start a bum hug club? well not hugging bums but hugging each other because of our bums...

Heartof3 profile image

🀣🀣🀣 bum love 🀣

Heartof3 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

the clinic letter she has written to my gp is so, erm,-- whats the word? putting me down? embarrassing me,-- i cant think of the right word i need but i have decided she must be a frustrated bitter old bag!

Heartof3 profile image

It really annoys me how they think they can talk to us like shit. This is the last thing we need. They're obviously in the wrong profession xxx

yes--after covid, all the admiration and now its bitterness, but i think covid wasnt what covid was supposed to have been ,i think the establishment made covid look 'worse,' in order to make people get jabbed, thru fear, knowing fiull well when they were all jabbed they could then say oh the vax has helped stopped it but it has now turned out it didnt stop it but we didnt have the mass hysteria that certain people said we would have, andnow many doctors have spoken up regarding injuries etc, and the nhs which we ALL NEED OF COURSE, has now been refused the pay rises so now bitterness sets in. all a bit suspect to me.

Heartof3 profile image

Yes, it's all very strange & corrupt x

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jjr21l... i found this poooper video

MOLLYMILO007

Thanks you too ...jeanette x

You may also like...