Lower Back Pain - Help :(: This morning I was... - Pain Concern

Pain Concern
28,705 members9,713 posts

Lower Back Pain - Help :(

JorgeB
JorgeB

This morning I was in the gym having a great workout until I started doing deadlifts. As I was coming up I felt my back like slip and I dropped all the weight to the ground. Instantly I sat on the floor and knew I had injured my lower back.

-The weight I used is something I've done before.

As soon as I got home I did some stretches but as the injured swelled, up I cannot longer walk or even stand without my lower back pinching and it hurts so much. It was a hassle going from the ground to my bed.

This is what I've done so far to try to relief pain:

-Lower back stretches

-Pain reliever pills

-Ice pack

-Icy hot patch (have on now)

-Im currently laying with pillows under my knees and nothing below my head.

Im 23 years of age and never had this much pain in my lower back.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

You say you have never had this much pain in your lower back...does this mean you have had pain there before?

x

JorgeB
JorgeB in reply to Bananas5

Yes, I had a similar incident except I was squatting and I felt the pinch/ slip on my lower back as soon as I picked up the weight (I didnt squat after feeling that) My lower back felt sore but not as much pain as today. I had to call of work tomorrow but Im planning on going to the chiropractor. I'm hoping I can walk my way to my car.

Bananas5
Bananas5 in reply to JorgeB

Sounds like there is a weakness there. Maybe lay off weights and gym til diagnosis? Could do more damage and permanent

x

JorgeB
JorgeB in reply to Bananas5

Definitely laying off the weights, Thanks.

Have you gone to the doctors or the ER you might want to get x-rays to make sure you didn’t damage anything

Go straight to ER. It sounds very much like a prolapsed disk. Get/ demand an MRI scan. Make sure you get prescribed proper painkillers and don't, repeat don't, do any exercise stretches etc until a proper diagnosis is given. You could permanently damage your spine and be in agony for the rest of your life. This is serious.

I went to the ER the following day and got an xray and a CT scan and nothing was fractured or broken. They did recommend getting an MRI done with my doctor. They prescribed muscle relaxers and pain relievers and I was able to walk by myself after leaving the ER. Thanks to all who responded.

You may also like...