back pain?

so in January while doing trampolining i did a wrong move and hurt my back, at first i thought it was nothing and would probably get better in a few days but weeks past and its almost June and it still hurts, its not a mild pain either its either always hurting or there's a constant ache. if i sit (mostly on the floor say for an hour or two) the pain would become worse so much so that it wouldnt go even when i lie down. my biggest struggles with it is going up stairs, tying my laces, walking/running/ doing sport which requires lots of back muscle and bending. but now ive come to the point where i dont even care about the pain i just dont like the fact that its always there and hurting and i cant do simple things like bending down to do my laces. i dont know how to describe the pain either all i could say that its there annoying me and it feels like i just need a good stretch. my leg is starting to hurt and theres always an ache in my leg and rib. i dont want to go to the doctors either because i think id just be wasting their time cos they wouldnt know what to do either. so what do i do?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you don't want to go to a doctor, then maybe try a sports medicine physiotherapist if you can find one. They are usually excellent at dealing with the results of injuries.

• Thank you id make sure to check that out hopefully it would work :-)

• A chiropractor or a physio if you don't want a doctor. They will tell you the things you should and shouldn't be doing and how to do them properly. In the meantime trying icing the area ( frozen peas) 15 mins on 45 off. If sitting on the floor hurts do it, sit on a chair.

You need to do something soon if the pain is now extending to your leg. Its clearly not going to heal itself. Perhaps stop the running until you see a physio. Brisk walking is a good substitute but if that causes more pain walk gently. Listen to your body. Don't stop exercising but modify to accommodate this injury.

Good luck

Dee

• See your sports coach. They have heard what you have complained of before and would know who the best person for you to see is.

• You should go to the GP for appropriate advice

• Hi my name is Chantelle I suffer with very bad back pain I am on so many pain killers but over the past 3 weeks I've bin in so much pain it's untrue can't cope with the pain I can't stand for more than a few seconds I have lied down I can't strangest my legs I keep getting pain in m shoulder and em my arm and my hand go dead week and it's a strange feeling I am in tear s writing this please. Helpi can't sleep eat or do anything I get stuck in the bath I could not get out please can anyone help me

You may also like...