Started to write a post and lost it in the middle - it may appear but I just need a bit of support for fellow fighters as I have virtually given up.
Avastin stopped working my CA125 has soared and the oncologist is muttering about palliative car. I was having to travel 90 minutes for treatment and was worn out anyway. At least she is now transferring me nearer to home so I will get another opinion. My daughters don't wont me to just give up but I feel I would be better not here than feeling as I do.
I was put on Caelyx as a trial and my 1st treatment was delayed and then the second one was delayed by another two weeks because I had an infection leading to sepsis in my PICC line. I fought through that only to be told that my CA125 was going up all the time so they were taking me off Caelyx and really could not suggest anything else. I felt that Caelyx had not had a good enough go really and asked if there was anything else. They have now suggested weekly Taxol but did not hold out much hope of any improvement.
I have been referred to a really local oncologist who may have other ideas but need some support /info from you other good people , Has any one been told that there is NOTHING else they can try. Has any one been on weekly Taxol. ? I suffer terribly with constipation and wondered if any of you had any ideas on that as well. I usually overdose with laxatives and end up with diarrhoea. So I am desperate for some advice from you lovely ladies in every respect. Thank you so very much from a very weepy pain-ridden Irene xxx