Swollen stomach

Hi it's Annie I have a scan on Tuesday see my guy 24th , you know my blood has been up last two visits , thing is my smomach is so swollen and bloated I don't know how simple it is to arrange a drain do you think I should wait untill the 24th . Iv been Clemo free since febuary kept very well , surgery not an option stage 3 got to do with a technically or location , thank you guys

9 Replies

• Hi Annie,

I would, if I was you phone either your Dr or Cancer Nurse and explain to them. I think you should be able to have the fliud drained early.

True not to worry, I know it`s hard.

Please keep in touch

sally x

• Hi Annie, I agree with Sally. Contact your cancer nurse or GP. I know how uncomfortable this is.

Mary xx

• I will phone on Monday never know might drain me tues after scan , he knows I'm not a complainer , iv asked my friend for water tablets she said they are good , our local hospital is at a standstill it's so busy , anyway my wee grandson us two today , I'm not in pain but feel and look nine months thank you xx

• Hi Annie, please make sure you contact someone on Monday, ok? x x

• Hi Annie. Telephone the CNS for a chat. Una went up a few times to be drained and then they eventually put a permanent drain in for her to save her having to go to hospital so often. Thinking of you. Ann Xo #Warriors

• Hi Annie I agree re phoning for advice. I had ascites a couple times and it can build up quickly making you uncomfortable . I found the drain ok not too sore just a wee tiny bit uncomfortable coming out only.

Hope it all goes ok

Ally xx

• Hope you are feeling more comfortable today, defo time to ring the doc, there is no value in suffering.

LA xx

• That sounds a long time to wait please phone the doctor's secretary or the gynae or oncoclogy nursing tem. I presume you have a number to call ? If not please get in touch with someone, through your GP of necessary as long as they will see you immediately and take it seriously.

• Hope you are being seen today xx

You may also like...