So day 6 pretty much safely negotiated. A few cravings and a bizarre moment when Mrs F asked whether I might be better off waiting until after my daughters wedding before giving up - probably an indication of my crankiness!
In the meantime a brief update on things that have happened since I was last on here:
- all of my kids have finished Uni, got jobs and moved into places of their own which is amazing and makes me very proud;
- we all got through Covid;
- I have taken up long distance hiking and have done the Coast to Coast and Pennine Way;
- I have largely retired from work just doing some consultancy from time to time;
- Mrs F still puts up with me.